Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hornsby chain-track artillery tractors in 1904-10 including the Mechanical Transport Committee's armour plated gun carrier proposal.  Nicknamed the "caterpillar" in one of the British Army trials but never ordered into production. The patents were later sold to the American Holt Company. If ordered by the Army and the fighting version developed we could have had "tanks" or "battle-cats" in service to win WWI by 1915.
Space Projects / Re: NASA Space Launch System (SLS)
« Last post by bobbymike on Today at 08:36:56 pm »

I WANT that flag to be American ...

As a fellow American, and one who thinks that the foundational ideals of this country - one of the very few nations that was founded on ideals, rather than geography, language, religion or ethnicity - are the best humanity has come up with yet, I would also want that flag to be Old Glory. And still... it would bother me not in the slightest if those loyal to Britain or Germany or Russia or Japan or wherever want *their* flags out there as well. When it comes to progress, the more competition, the better.
I agree but the 'first' flag is the Stars and Stripes
Missile Projects / Re: Super Ikara
« Last post by Abraham Gubler on Today at 08:27:19 pm »
That is BOXIK as in BOX launched IKara. It is the basic rocket powered ASW Ikara but with folding wings and storable components.
« Last post by Orionblamblam on Today at 07:49:01 pm »

I WANT that flag to be American ...

As a fellow American, and one who thinks that the foundational ideals of this country - one of the very few nations that was founded on ideals, rather than geography, language, religion or ethnicity - are the best humanity has come up with yet, I would also want that flag to be Old Glory. And still... it would bother me not in the slightest if those loyal to Britain or Germany or Russia or Japan or wherever want *their* flags out there as well. When it comes to progress, the more competition, the better.
« Last post by bobbymike on Today at 05:47:53 pm »
You forgot about the "Make America Great Again" flag-waving propaganda value of a manned mission to a previously unvisited astronomical body. Not much propaganda value in a manned return to the Moon or an manned asteroid rendezvous. Mars is a bigger propaganda splash.

Who cares if it has a side-benefit of a propaganda boost?   ::)
I WANT that flag to be American and the astronaut who plants it to be eating apple pie while wearing a baseball glove
« Last post by Triton on Today at 04:50:40 pm »
You forgot about the "Make America Great Again" flag-waving propaganda value of a manned mission to a previously unvisited astronomical body. Not much propaganda value in a manned return to the Moon or an manned asteroid rendezvous. Mars is a bigger propaganda splash.

Go ahead and roll your eyes! Doesn't mean that it isn't true.
« Last post by sferrin on Today at 04:39:48 pm »

Aerospace / Re: USAF plans F-15 modernization
« Last post by sferrin on Today at 04:38:40 pm »
​USAF calls plans to retire F-15s "pre-decisional"

The US Air Force says itís too soon to say whether the service will swap out retired Boeing F-15C and F-15Ds for updated Lockheed Martin F-16.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-calls-plans-to-retire-f-15s-pre-decisional-435480/

The whole notion gives new meaning to the term, "face palm".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10