Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: FlyPast
« Last post by hesham on March 22, 2017, 05:51:47 am »
Hi,

also Avro-710,Avro-732 and early Vulcan proposal Model.
Interesting Websites / Re: Manfred Popp: Why Hitler didn't built the Atom Bomb
« Last post by Michel Van on March 22, 2017, 01:48:20 am »
A very fascinating Artikel by Manfred Popp

It show clearly what happen wen brilliant mind have to leave Germany,
because a Little Annoying Austrian wanted to murder them!
And what left are "Amateurs" in nuclear physics like Heisenbergs or von Weizsäcker

about Heisenbergs, i know stories were he ignored every advice and critic on his concept.
like Burkhard Heim proposal for a implosion working Nuke, A concept what was used in first US Atomic bomb test.
Heisenbergs dismiss the idea as "adolescent idiocy" and tell young Heim return to chemical experiments...

In Mean time in USA were jewish scientist already cooking Plutonium out Belgium uranium !
Interesting Websites / Re: Manfred Popp: Why Hitler didn't built the Atom Bomb
« Last post by CNH on March 21, 2017, 06:47:09 pm »
Well, you need several kgs of either Pu239 or U235.

And they hadn't even got grams of the stuff.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: CX-HLS & CX-4 Proposals on Le Fana 3/2017
« Last post by CJGibson on March 21, 2017, 02:21:02 pm »
Cah! So boring compared with the NBMR.4 designs in Atlas!

Chris
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: CX-HLS & CX-4 Proposals on Le Fana 3/2017
« Last post by elmayerle on March 21, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
Okay, how do I go about purchasing a copy of this issue from the US?
$$

Please pm me :)
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Air Force Legends: Northrop YF-23 ATF by Paul Metz
« Last post by Richard N on March 21, 2017, 10:37:24 am »
I will be there as well as a number of my friends.  I met Mr. Metz a few years ago and at a plastic model meeting got to listen in on a  test pilots conversation between him and Phil Oestreicher (first to fly the F-16).  Wish I'd had an iPhone to record it back then.
Received my copy from Amazon today, a superb book with interesting  text and plenty of pin sharp photographs...I hope Mr Buttler is considering a companion volume on the Hawk.
Totally agree.
Paul Metz will be at the UT Dallas Eugene McDermott Library to do a YF-23 presentation Tuesday March 21, 2017.  Details in the attached images.  You will need the parking pass.
Cool, will you attend it?
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Air Force Legends: Northrop YF-23 ATF by Paul Metz
« Last post by Steven on March 20, 2017, 11:18:47 pm »
Reading the book I was a little unclear as to the function and location of those doors.  They almost sounded like doors for dumping excess air at high speed like on the F-22 and XF8U-3 Crusader, as a way of controlling air pressure/shock position in the inlet.

Interestingly, those doors just above and behind the intake are deleted in later production blocks. I remember seeing them on Raptor 4007 (background of my profile pic) and 4009 at Edwards during a UCLA engineering student tour about a year back, but they're absent on most production F-22s.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10