Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi,

I can't Id this Langley Hypersonic aircraft project,note
it has a rear wing and double delta-wing.

From NASA LARC report.
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Bréguet 480 series
« Last post by hesham on Today at 08:54:45 am »
Bréguet Br.480 prototype
sources
-Le fana de l'Aviation nº339-Février 1998

A clearer view to the same drawings.
Naval Projects / Re: Unbuilt Type-XXIX u-boat
« Last post by covert_shores on Today at 06:57:28 am »
Fantastic, looking forward to seeing it.:)
Space Projects / Re: Rocket Lab Launcher
« Last post by Michel Van on Today at 06:48:24 am »
BBC report. One or two minor howlers. Such as the claim it was the first launch from a private site.

Not so quite wrong !
SpaceX use USAF and NASA launch complex and modified then for there Falcons.
in 2018 SpaceX get there private launch complex operational in Texas
Blue Origin got a Private launch site in Texas for Suborbital New Shepard and use NASA launch complex for New Glenn in 2019

So Rocket Lab is first to launch from complete private launch site into orbit or in this case almost orbital
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Lioré et Olivier (LeO) Projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 06:25:21 am »
From Le Fana 334,

the LeO-48 and early concept for it.
I took a couple of pics at AAD 2016 that I still need to post - this is one of them, it was hung under one of the pylons of the Mwari, outboard of a pylon with two Mokopa missiles attached. Speaking to one of the chief designers, he stated that a team from Denel arrived and placed it on (as per prior arrangement), but it was the first time he had seen it and also did not know what it was exactly. Obviously a PGM of some type - however unless it's just a mock-up purely for promotional purposes, I have not seen or heard of this weapon being developed or available from Denel.

Not at all out of Denel's ability and technical reach, however can anyone out there tell us anything more about this 'new' PGM (name/project name/technical details)?

BTW - apologies for the watermark, I am just finding so many of my pics and scans appearing on FB and other sites, sometimes with other people putting their own watermarks on and claiming the pics/scans as being their own!
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Scimitar question
« Last post by zen on Today at 03:27:06 am »
One should also remember that when the Lightning entered service the RAF thought it needed only the same maintenance hours as a Hunter. If the RN had approached the Scimitar with that sort of attitude then it would have contributed to the failures associated with this aircraft.
Similarly with training for launch and recovery.
Space Projects / Re: Rocket Lab Launcher
« Last post by Grey Havoc on Today at 03:05:19 am »
BBC report. One or two minor howlers. Such as the claim it was the first launch from a private site.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Scimitar question
« Last post by Schneiderman on Today at 02:33:32 am »
True, many contributary problems.
Supermarine made the fundamental mistake of continuing their wartime process of continual modification and adaptation of their designs (very effective for rapid introduction of upgraded Spitfires) rather than starting with a clean sheet which resulted in many aspects of the Scimitar being of mid/late 1940s origin. It did not help that the RN were also stuck with aging systems and ideas on their carriers, far from ideal for such a large aircraft.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10