Prototypes and Projects from Minor Japanese Manufacturers

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

The Nihon Kogata MXJ1 was two-seat glider school trainer aircraft.

Last edited:
Hi,

The Kokusai Ki-Go was single seat special attack aircraft project,
and Tsu-Go was anther single seat special attack aircraft,only
one prototype was built.

Hi,

The Kobe Te-Go was a project of two seat light observation aircraft,
and for that company,I don't know it.

I know the Te-Go.

Designed by Kobeseiko. Overall very much like a Storch, not sure if its a copy or just a look-alike, nor am I sure what types of flaps and slots it used for STOL. The German engine would suggest some kind of German design aid.

Span 13m, length 9.5m, height 3m, wing area 20m2
Engine: Argus As 10, 111mph top speed
Crew: 2, rear 7.7mm MG

A drawing of the Kobe Te-Go!

Attachments

• te-go.tif
    399.4 KB · Views: 3,605
Hi,

The Kokusai Ta-Go aircraft.

Attachments

• Ta-Go.jpg
    Ta-Go.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 777
Hi,

I know aeroplane No.2 of Minoru Awazu,what was the No.1 ?.

Hi,

is there any picture to Yonezo Hoshino No.2 aeroplane of 1916 ?.

hesham said:
Hi,

Hi my dear hesham. I can't find any information about No.1 plane in Japanese sources.

hesham said:
Hi,

is there any picture to Yonezo Hoshino No.2 aeroplane of 1916 ?.
I give up,too. Please show me No.1 plane picture. ;)

My dear Blackkite,

here is the Hoshino No.1 picture and No.2 Info.

Attachments

• No.1.png
    No.1.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 79
hesham said:

It's not completely clear, but the Mikesh/Abe book states that "with his first and only aeroplane and a taxi-ing trainer, Awazu embarked upon the flying training business". Since the "No.2" is described as Awazu's "first and only aeroplane", one can assume that "No.1" may have been the "taxi-ing trainer", whatever this means (can anyone clarify this?).

Stargazer - a taxiing trainer was popular that the time because of so many accidents maneuvering the planes on the ground. They were airplanes with wings to small to generate enough lift to take off. They were thought to reduce wear and tear on flying aircraft.

hesham said:
I asked to know if this aircraft was mentioned in Japanese magazines or something like that,that's all.

Does that mean you have no interest in what the Putnam book (a volume widely recognized as highly authoritative on pre-war Japanese aircraft) has to say?

You sure make it sound like the quote I made was irrelevant and useless!

Of course not Stargazer,

but you know many authors used their best to accomplish perfect job,and after that
you'll find many materials they didn't include it in their books,that I ask about it.

There was a designer called Saburo Ogawa,he created a four aircraft,No.1,2,3 & 5,
did he design the No.4 ?.

Also;

is there any drawings or pictures survivor to Sakamoto aircraft,from No.1 to No.5 ?.

http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft31303.htm

Hi,

The Nihon Kogata MXJ1 was twin engined school trainer aircraft.
Sorry Hesham, but this seems to be wrong. The MXJ1, known as the Wakakusa, was a two seat training glider adopted for the IJN. Source; Tadeusz Januszewski, Krzysztof Zalewski. Japanese Marines 1912-1945 ISBN 83-86776-50-1 and quite a few web-based sources.