Aerocom Skyliner

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the Aerocom Skyliner was twin turboprop light transport aircraft,powered
by two 850 hp P&W Canada PT6A-34 turboprops,its lenght was 16.56m
and its span was 16.46m,it can carry 19 passengers.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1976/1976%20-%202541.html

Attachments

• Skyliner 1.JPG
    Skyliner 1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 459
  • Skyliner 2.JPG
    Skyliner 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 398
The 3-view from Aviation Week 1976 shows the Beech 18 origin :

Attachments

• Aerocom_Skyliner.jpg
    Aerocom_Skyliner.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 421
I saw something similar sitting behind the hangar at the aviation museum at the Victoria (Canada) aviation museum. It reminded me of a Westwond Beech turboprop conversion, but had lots more modifications. It looked like a Beech that had been retrofitted with a nosewheel, PT6A turboprop engines and a single vertical tail. At first glance, the vertical tail looked like it had been adapted from a Beech 18 horizon tail.

riggerrob said:
I saw something similar sitting behind the hangar at the aviation museum at the Victoria (Canada) aviation museum. It reminded me of a Westwond Beech turboprop conversion, but had lots more modifications. It looked like a Beech that had been retrofitted with a nosewheel, PT6A turboprop engines and a single vertical tail. At first glance, the vertical tail looked like it had been adapted from a Beech 18 horizon tail.

Hi Riggerrob,

maybe it was it,but the Aerocom is a USA company,no more info available about it.

Further to the posts so far, here's a clipping from Air International January 1977 issue

Attachments

• Aerocom Skyliner text.jpg
    Aerocom Skyliner text.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 163
Further to my earlier post regarding the Aerocom Skyliner, please find attached the Air Data section from the March 1977 issue of Air International covering the type.

Attachments

• Aerocom Skyliner text 3.jpg
    Aerocom Skyliner text 3.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 57