NTRS troubles?

I think they prepare to us a surprise,I suggest that,they will release some reports.

Socket error. The servers are off-line, up and running but with the network software disabled. Major maintenance, they did it already some years ago, They stayed off-line A LOT.

System is unavailable
The NASA Technical Reports Server is currently unavailable as of September 24, 2009, due to unforeseen but required data maintenance. We apologize for the incovenience. NASA hopes to make this database available in approximately 1 week.

At least NASA is setting expectations of when the Technical Reports Server will again be available.

Hopefully the unforeseen event that cause this data maintenance didn't also result in data loss.

Triton said:
It's been over a week. Is it coming back?

lets look at NASA
hum234.gif

nope...

Just happened on this thread... So now I realize there IS a problem with NASA's web. Wasn't able to access any page for over a week.. :mad:

NTRS still down

also the Great site by Bob Andrepont has problems
http://www.geocities.com/bobandrepont/spacepdf.htm
try a Link you get 404 by NTRS !

skull_and_crossbones_e0.gif

we'er so doomed...

Most recent docs uploaded on Sep 18th 2009. So probably no data loss. What was there should still be there.

Michel Van said:
NTRS still down

also the Great site by Bob Andrepont has problems
http://www.geocities.com/bobandrepont/spacepdf.htm
try a Link you get 404 by NTRS !

we'er so doomed...

Geocities is gone this summer, thanks Yahoo for that ::) Hope Mr Andrepont transfered his excellent stuff elsewhere...

Good to see the NTRS back and running.

Archibald said:
Geocities is gone this summer, thanks Yahoo for that ::) Hope Mr Andrepont transfered his excellent stuff elsewhere...

Good to see the NTRS back and running.

Mr Andrepont site is still on-line on a Yahoo server

nice NTRS is back
but there search engine still piece of junk !

The NTRS appears to be down again, last two times I've tried to access it I've got "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ntrs.nasa.gov" as a response.

Anyone got any idea what is happening?

I just tried to access it again, still down, at least it's not been replaced with a 'V for Vendetta' mask.

i have strange problem with NTRS
can't not download PDF over the Browser
i need Download tool for that :mad:

George Allegrezza said:
Hmm Safari on iOS 6.0.1 works ok. Firefox and Chrome on Win 7 ok too.

Have you done (in order) clear cache, restart browser, reboot?

yes, i have.
Same problem, takes ages to load and it stop in middle do to "sever connection lost" or it's damage PDF
If i use J-Downloader, it load very fast the PDF with no problem.

i think the problem is at NTRS...

No, if it works OK for everyone on the internet except you, then its something wrong with your computer.

dam
i can start overwork this network connection again....

Errrmmm...

NASA should immediately take down all publicly available data sources until all documents that have not been subjected to export control review have received such a review and all controlled documents are removed from the system.

That could mean that NTRS might be offline for a *long* time...

Orionblamblam said:
Errrmmm...

NASA should immediately take down all publicly available data sources until all documents that have not been subjected to export control review have received such a review and all controlled documents are removed from the system.

Where is that from? Talk about closing the door after the horse is gone.

Orionblamblam said:
Errrmmm...

Except by definition everything on NTRS should have been reviewed before being posted. Hopefully, this is just a short livedkneejerk reaction to Wolf.

"Until further notice,
the NTRS system will be unavailable for public access.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and anticipate
that this site will return to service in the near future."

:'(

Orionblamblam said:
DSE said:
Except by definition everything on NTRS should have been reviewed before being posted.

Yeah, but reviewed by *who*? For all I know, pretty much anybody at NASA might be able to submit something to NTRS (I honestly don't know).

By the Export Control Administrator. Such as, https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/339277400

Reviews and approves all proposed
releases via STI process to ensure that export controlled information is not inadvertently released.

Assists program and project personnel in determining the appropriate export controls for publishing and disseminating scientific and technical information. Incumbent is responsible for the Langley Management System (LMS) activities and processes associated with Center export control. Ensures export control-related processes are in compliance with regulations and support other center processes/procedures. Recommends new processes, as appropriate; participates in LMS audits associated with Export Control.

Provides advice and guidance on export control matters. Guidance requires extensive interpretation for many different and unrelated program processes and methods, such as interpretations of export control regulations, procurement documents, and Federal Register Notices.