A FDL-5 60's Toy?

archipeppe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi folks,

look what I found out in the following blog:

http://projectswordtoys.blogspot.com/2009/02/1962-dyna-soar-comic-strip.html

It really seems like a sort of mechanical toy representing FDL-5, even with swing wing, how could it be possible?

Attachments

• project_s_bill_scout_2_ebay_05.JPG
    project_s_bill_scout_2_ebay_05.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 78
to add to this, an DynaSoar toy

Attachments

• 11ba_1.JPG
    11ba_1.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 69
  • !BOwMT2w!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJ5gdrdhBJwSQ84Nu!~~_1.JPG
    !BOwMT2w!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJ5gdrdhBJwSQ84Nu!~~_1.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 14a6_1.JPG
    14a6_1.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1552_1.JPG
    1552_1.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 71
Many thanks Gregory.

In the same blogsite I found the FDL-5 is stated that the X20 come by the same manufacturer of the time.
This demonstrate that, during 60's, the popularity of some programmes comes easily in pop colture even through simple (but not so much simple) toys like the ones we posted.

Anyway why I did never seen a toy X15 version?

You know what? Dyna-Soar's really begging for serious die-cast replica. But "Tailwinds"-style, so I dont go broke! Seeing these pics only make me want a die-cast X-20 even more now.

Moonbat

PS- I think a lot experimental planes are just begging for a small die-cast replica.

XP67_Moonbat said:
You know what? Dyna-Soar's really begging for serious die-cast replica. But "Tailwinds"-style, so I dont go broke! Seeing these pics only make me want a die-cast X-20 even more now.

Moonbat

PS- I think a lot experimental planes are just begging for a small die-cast replica.

I absolutely agree with you.

Back in the 70's when visiting relations in Yorkshire my cousin had a toy X-15 - must have been about 12 inches long or more. I seem to remember being quite envious.

Regards,
Barry

XP67_Moonbat said:
You know what? Dyna-Soar's really begging for serious die-cast replica. But "Tailwinds"-style, so I dont go broke!

What, like this one?

Toys%20Space%20Voyagers%20X%20Planes.jpg

evolution1.jpg

11-25_space_vygrs.jpg

Used to be all over the place. I don't think they sold all that well.

I saw those in a shop in Ft. Collins once. I thought the X-20 and the X-24 were a little on the puny side. If it was bigger I'd have bought the set.

Orionblamblam said:
What, like this one?

Oh-ooo, gorgeous!!
Even if these model looks too much "toys" and too few scale model as well, but I love them the same....

Back
Top Bottom