SS Schwarzwolf case

FarSight

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Sooner or later this thing is going to come up here too so let's have a preliminary look at it.

http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/Schwarz%20Wulf.htm

Rob Arndt (a.k.a. "Xenia") is marketing his/her new armored invention under the name SCHWARZWOLF but he seems to have forgotten that his "sources" originally named that thing as Sturmpanzer Wulf. Well, it wasn't long before he took his precious Wulfie out and began bragging about it over at the usenet.

His little panzer was soon out of action as the guys down there deployed their antitank teams:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.military/browse_thread/thread/3a763fb7f9cc51ee/77e305ab6c70d2aa?lnk=st&q=sturmpanzer+wulf#77e305ab6c70d2aa

They pointed out some interesting things like: Sturmpanzers were turretless and Wulf is not german for strange animal that is usually called wolf. It wasn't long before Sturmpanzer Wulf suddenly transformed into SS Schwarzwolf. Apparently those BIOS/CIOS/FIAT documents had to be modified to correlate with this latest twist...

Later Rob decided that he really needs some cool model of this nazi product but it turns out that even this scale model is not what he says it is:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ms06/e79/e79.htm

It's entirely fictional E-79 tank from from PS1 game Panzer Front!

I was actually very alarmed to see that this monster was even added to Jedsite as a real thing:

http://www.jedsite.info/tanks-sierra/sierra/schwarzwolf_series/schwarzwolf-series.html

Spread the word, brothers!

Is there anywhere I can get the complete lowdown on this this Arndt feller? Known Usenet kook, or what?

Also, the tracks on that "e79"-model seems to sag an awful lot. Why no return roller?

FarSight said:
Sooner or later this thing is going to come up here too so let's have a preliminary look at it.

http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/Schwarz%20Wulf.htm

From the site:
"...which they somberly nicknamed the “Bad Wolf” had it been produced ..."

Does *not* approve:
david%20tennant%20doctor%20who_thumb.jpg

Cobra Kebab said:
Is there anywhere I can get the complete lowdown on this this Arndt feller? Known Usenet kook, or what?

It would be impossible to get the *complete* lowdown on Arndt. There is simply too vast of a pile of utter bullshit that he's produced to catalog it all in a concise fashion. But put relatively simply, Arndt is what you might call a "Nazi technology fetishist." He's under the impression that all modern technologies, especially military technologies, are derived from technologies and designs stolen from the Germans. And there's no such thing as a design so fanciful that he won't proclaim it to have beena serious German watime effort, including antigravity flying saucers.

Arndt adds nothing useful to the discussion of military/aviation/technology history. He's all noise, no signal. He is, however, a magnificent example of the worst aspects of the effect of the Internet on recording history. He ranks up there with 911 "Truthers," Apollo deniers, "Holocaust was a hoax" history revisionists, etc.

the problem with Schwarzwolf is simple:

Nobody know more how it look like !
because there are no plans or blueprints of Project left.

why ?
Schwarzkopf project came very late in war beginn 1945
the only documents, study ,models were destroy by SS around march 1945
means approximately 2 months Daimler Benz work on it.
not much time to form a tank in detail

I see no compelling reason why the SS would be interested in developing a tank. The SS-WVHA were primarily concerned with the economic exploitaton of industries in Germany and the occupied territories. Secondarily, they controlled strategic weapons development and air defense projects.

And there's no such thing as a design so fanciful that he won't proclaim it to have beena serious German watime effort, including antigravity flying saucers.

Not to mention perpetual motion engines...

Leaving aside subjects like the perpetuum mobile, flying saucers and so on, the fact is that SS departments inspired and sponsored works on some weapon system other than strategic ones. For example they tried to develop their own submachine guns, assault rifles and light-machine guns, which were ordered in some Czech factories (Waffen-SS also adopted quite a few of pre-war Czechoslovak weapons as well). Probably for economic reasons as well as for sake of logistics the Waffen-SS retained standard Wehrmacht small-arms and other equipment but they always had an ambition to have better weapon than the Wehrmacht (being in their own eyes an elite of the elite).

So it is nothing odd to me that the SS may have been involved in development of armoured vehicles including tanks.

Below you may see the MK-SS-42 that was built by the Zbrojovka Brno on order of the Waffen-SS (the rifle was chambered for an indigenous 8x35 mm Rapid cartrigde, quite different to the 7.92x33 one used in the German Sturmgewehr).

Best regards,
Piotr

Attachments

• MK-SS-42.JPG
    MK-SS-42.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 226
did you hear the latest from a Turkish concern that was developing an power source that had an efficiency rating of 1+ ; they have to test it a bit more , though they had said it was ready back in 2006 ...

off topic , right , but the kooks have never been alone , they are everywhere ...

plus what is Wulf then , considering it is also in the Focke Wulf ?

"plus what is Wulf then , considering it is also in the Focke Wulf ?"

I think, it's just an attempt by a non-german speaker to give a "german" name to
what is said to be german project ... and an evidence, that this name wasn't invented
in germany !
If you have a look at all those german projects, you'll find names all over like "Würger" or
"Rammer". And names with "Wolf" are obviously especially liked by those people, probably
because translating is easier for them ... ;D
To my opinion, most of those names are simply fakes, at least with regards to aircraft, there
were very few "official" names.

And "Wulf" in the companies name has nothing to do with the big bad wolf, it's just a name .. ;)

no no , ı am familiar with the site and his works . I know Georg Wulf was the co-founder of the company with Prof.Focke . ı wondered the translation of his surname .