Reaction score
Hi,

the AGO Ao.225 mock-up.
http://rareaircraf1.greyfalcon.us/GERMANY.htm

Attachments

• ago Ao.225.jpg
    ago Ao.225.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 580
There is a lot of uncertainty about this concept...
The illustration shows the proposed armed version of the Ao-192B.
The Ao-225 should have been a much more advanced design of
wich only a few technical details survived....

Smith & Kay-German Aircraft of the Second World War
and other sources.

Hi guys,

this is the mockup of the Ago Ao192C. The true Ao225 would have a fuselage mounted engine with power transmited via shafts to two propellers in the wings. Bye.

taken by " Ground Attack & Special purpose aircraft"

Attachments

• ao225.jpg
    ao225.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 669
  • dataao225.jpg
    dataao225.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,278
airman, please take care when posting Midland Counties book excerpts
not so big images please

Book can be purchased here
http://www.ianallanpublishing.com/product.php?productid=38820&cat=0&page=1
and here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luftwaffe-Secret-Projects-Special-Aircraft/dp/1857801504

Attachments

• 51C4FWTN10L._SS500_.jpg
    51C4FWTN10L._SS500_.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 470
Hi chaps,

the Ao225 picture above is a "pastiche" of the wind tunnel model of the true Ao225 ( particullarly the tail assembly ) and a not very well rendered Ao192C ( on steroids and with a few errors ). I own Manfred Griehls new book on german aircraft armaments, and I hope to post soon a 3-view of the Ao192C ( original ). Regarding the Ao225, the wind tunnel model is well known.
Some time ago at Luftwaffe Experten Message Board a member named Ago Scheer drew a convincing aircraft, and said he was working on a book about Ago. He intervewed a man who used to work at the development department and managed to get data/drawings on an unknown design. Hope this work comes in book shape. Bye.

Indeed.And in the same file on the LEMB forum
here was a photo of an-inverted-windtunnel model also.

Hi guys,

as promised, here goes the Ago Ao192C, taken from Manfred Griehl`s excellent "Deutsche Flugzeugbewaffnung bis 1945", Motorbuch Verlag.

Also some other very good stuff here: http://www.histaviation.com/AGO_Ao_192.html
Enjoy.

Attachments

• Untitled-1a1.gif
    Untitled-1a1.gif
    650.7 KB · Views: 662
Wurger said:
Hi guys,

this is the mockup of the Ago Ao192C. The true Ao225 would have a fuselage mounted engine with power transmited via shafts to two propellers in the wings. Bye.
Although the AGO Ao 192 was also a two propellers retractable gear monoplane
it's easy to differentiate a courier aircraft from a military heavy fighter attack.
I think that the photo put by hesham shows really the AGO Ao 225 mock-up and there's a mistake
in the description of the draft put by Wurger ; this can't be the AGO Ao 192 ( even C military version ).
Does anybody knows how many airmen made the crew of the AGO Ao 225 ? Two, or more ..?

Just compare the photo with the 3-view drawing ::). Have you got any picture of the Ao 225?

Only what I can do is to look and enjoy the views of the AGO Ao 192 in my gallery of Luftwaffe aircraft.
I know my AGO Ao 192 Kurier very well in the light transport, ambulance, geometric survey
and liason versions, and when it's military used as a reconnaissance and a light bomber.
After all I can't believe that the attachment You've put shows the AGO Ao 225.
I know only one photo of the AGO Ao 225 mock-up, but tens photos of the Kurier.
That's why my list of the Luftwaffe aircraft begins this way :

Attachments

• Ao 225.jpg
    Ao 225.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 439
After all I can't believe that the attachment You've put shows the AGO Ao 225.

That`s exactly what I was trying to do. The drawing of the Ao 192C matches the mockup. It isn`t the Ao 225.

It`s a pitty that I haven`t saved that nice Ao 225 depiction. The wind tunnel model does show a very warlike aircraft, not a "courier" on steroids. They were quite different.

Sorry, my dear Wurger. I committed a horrible error.
I should have written : " After all I can't believe that the attachment You've put shows the AGO Ao 192 ".
It is the AGO Ao 225 ;D

There's a photo of a Ao.225 wind tunnelmodel
on the LEMB forum.
According to AGOScheer who is working on a book about AGO
the first illustration shown in this thread should be a mockup
of the Ao.192C build at AGO musterbau Oschersleben..

Go to : ***.luftwaffe-experten.org
and choose :projects,prototypes & what iff's 1933-45

change *** for www

Good luck.

I found this intersting pictures of the Ago Ao.225...maybe..this should be an armed version of the Ao.192.
(Source: Flugzeug FotoArchiv 08)

topics merged ;)

Attachments

• Ago Ao-225.jpg
    Ago Ao-225.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 420
It is indeed a projected armed version of the Ao.192
not the Ago Ao.225..

The real Ao.225 is a different concept described
by René Scheer in his lasted book about the Ago Flugzeugwerke.

Hello Frieds,
I´ve wrote a latest update for the project AGO Ao 225 (FP30) in "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" 7/2019 inclusive drawings based on Ex-AVA - Goettingen Material.
This is the 225- not as seen here in #4.

Hello Frieds,
I´ve wrote a latest update for the project AGO Ao 225 (FP30) in "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" 7/2019 inclusive drawings based on Ex-AVA - Goettingen Material.
This is the 225- not as seen here in #4.

Yes,very beautiful one,thanks.

Thanks for the tip, Renée.

I haven`t forgot about that AGO pusher propeller heavy fighter you have discovered some years ago. Do you intend to publish about it?

Dear Wurger- Unfortunalely I have not enough information for a reconstruction at this time.
Thanks for the input, René. Your article is most interesting, adding that a twin fin configuration and DB 606 engined Ao 225 were considered. I also loved the front, upper and side views, this one slightly different from the one in "AGO-Flugzeugwerke: Vom Gitterrumpf zur Me 262.

A good article about Ago Ao.225 in; Klassiker der Luftfahrt 7/2019.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    415 KB · Views: 189
  • 2.png
    2.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.png
    3.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 4.png
    4.png