Canadian Car & Foundry B-2000B 'Intercontinental Bomber project

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
In order to accelerate the intercontinental bomber project, a conference of high-ranking USAAF officers met on August 19, 1941 and decided to scale down their requirements. The maximum range requirement was reduced to 10,000 miles and the effective combat radius requirement was cut to 4000 miles with a 10,000 pound bombload. The cruising speed should be somewhere between 240 and 300 mph, and the service ceiling should be 40,000 feet.

In response to this Request for Proposal (RfP) four aircraft companies submitted competing designs, Boeing, Northrop (XB-35), Convair (Model 35 / XB-36), Douglas, and Canadian Car & Foundry with their B-2000B design.

The ‘Intercontinental Bomber’ competition was eventually awarded to Convair with their B-36 Peacemaker design.

I have not been able to find anything on the B-2000B design except for a single picture of a model (see attachment)

Does anyone have any other pictures, drawings (including 3-view drawing), its specifications and any further design info?

Your help with this will be great and very interesting

P.S. Does anyone know of the designs that Boeing and Douglas submitted to the Intercontinental Bomber competition??????

Regards
Pioneer

Attachments

• Canadian Car&Foundry B-2000B bomber proposal.jpg
    Canadian Car&Foundry B-2000B bomber proposal.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 599
Hi Pioneer,

I'm also a fan of US pre-1945 "big sticks". I posted the info you are looking for here

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242.0

Stay tuned because I'm working to add more info about this subject in a few weeks,

Regards,

Antonio

Does anyone have any other pictures, drawings (including 3-view drawing), its specifications and any further design info?
This was actually a Burnelli design.

Burnelli was this persistent inventor of lifting-body planes, in which the fuselage is airfoil-shaped to generate lift. If you don't know him, google up his name, there are some nice sites about him and his interesting offbeat designs.

Here a rear view of the B-2000 and one of its stablemate the B-100

Attachments

• Burnelli 1942 B-2000B superbomber (lost to B-36).jpg
    Burnelli 1942 B-2000B superbomber (lost to B-36).jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 544
  • Burnelli 1942 B-1000 v1.jpg
    Burnelli 1942 B-1000 v1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 493
Back
Top Bottom