Vakhmistrov's Circus: Zveno Combined Aircraft - Mikhail Maslov

I just got my copy yesterday. I haven't read it yet, but it looks like a nice book. There are lots of drawings, both three-view and detail. The photos include interesting detail views and some in-flight shots of I-16s practicing hook ups with the bomber. There are color profiles, but they are small and not all that enlightening.The English is a bit rough in places, but not unreadably so.I'm happy.

I have the book as well and can recommend it. Yes, the English is not the best, but that doesn't detract from the book. And it's probably the only book likely to appear on the subject, at least in English.

Incidentally, the same author and publisher have also combined on a similar book on Soviet autogyros. http://www.amazon.com/Soviet-Autogyros-1929-1942-Mikhail-Maslov/dp/1910294659/

I've finished the book. It is fairly short but very informative and very well organized. The illustrations are necessarily small, given the format of the volume, but nonetheless clear and well-chosen. There are multi-view drawings of each major configuration. The author cites primary sources.

Highly recommended.