Marais 01

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about the French Marais 01? I'm assuming, but don't know for certain, that it dates from the postwar period. What there is of it nowadays is, apparently, stored by the GPPA in the museum reserves at Angers-Marcé. On the museum website there is a tiny photograph of it (q.v. http://www.musee-aviation-angers.fr/?page_id=673) that shows a 'helicopter type' forward cabin, aft of which appears to be a single boom rear fuselage, and possibly tricycle undercarriage. I can find no other reference to it on the web, no mention of it in the TU index and nothing about it in any of the books which I have.

My dear Avion,

there was a designer called Marais in TU magazine,but I think it was not him,and I search about this
helicopter.

Attachments

• Marais_web.jpg
    Marais_web.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 396
Thank you, Hesham. Anyone else know anything about this obscure machine?

My dear Avions,

maybe it was mentioned in JAWA ?.

Sadly I don't know the year - nor am I rich enough to have a complete run of Jane's!

perhaps this avion ancien look and tell me

Attachments

• marais.pdf
    241.1 KB · Views: 32
difficult !!! from gallica.bnf.fr
les ailes dated 10.01.1924

Attachments

• 22222.pdf
    201.1 KB · Views: 26
My dear Toura,

I have those Infos before,but we don't know if that person was the same or anther guy ?.

Thank you, toura. Whilst it's possible that Marais 01 had the same designer as the Marais Avionette, the drawing of the latter and the photograph of the former suggest two very different aircraft. And what's more, what appears in the photograph is not suggestive of an aircraft of the period 1924 - which is why I took the chance of initiating this thread in postwar aircraft projects sub-forum.

Whilst, yet again, it looks nothing like the Marais 01, I've come across another aeronautical reference to a Marais - this time a M Marais-Lauret (aka M Charles Lauret) who, in 1939, produced a little two seater monoplane called the 'Ailette' (which, presumably, disappeared into oblivion in the forthcoming conflict). It is mentioned briefly in L'Aérophile of June 1939 (q.v. http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6555170b/f29.image.r=marais-lauret%20ailette?rk=21459;2) as the Marais-Lauret 'Ailette' and more extensively in Les Ailes, but therein no mention is made of Marais and it is described consistently as the Lauret 'Ailette', designed and built by Charles Lauret. Whether there is any connection between this and the Marais 01, I do not know. But I thought it worthwhile making mention of it - just in case!

Nice find my dear Avion.

and maybe it was the same guy ?.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 164
This could help :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/17-The-Ongoing-Mystery-Aircraft-Thread-Part-Deux/page452

Hesham, source please? Is it TU?

Richard, thanks for the hyperlink. I posted that under another of my alter egos! ;)

Back
Top Bottom