Transformers Last Knight: random aircraft

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
The movie is... what you'd expect. but there are two aircraft based observations that might be of interest:
1) One character is flown from South Dakota to England in, seemingly, just a few hours. But in a Northrop B-35 Flying Wing. That had a B-17 nose.
2) Lots of air combat. USAF F-16s and F-35s fighting aliens in the skies, with M-1 Abrams tanks providing support on the ground. But... the skies and ground in question was *England.* Reasonably certain the RAF has a few fighters, and the Brits might even have some of their own tanks.

Does the US Army even *have* any M-1s in Britainland?

M1 in the UK? Doubt it, unless there's one squirreled away at Shrivenham.

Chris

Orionblamblam said:
and ground in question was *England.* Reasonably certain the RAF has a few fighters, and the Brits might even have some of their own tanks.

Does the US Army even *have* any M-1s in Britainland?
It's a Micheal Bay movie, so it's Murica fuck ya!.. ;)

Why to hell i answer a question to Michael Bay film ???

British land forces use the Challenger 2 Tank
There are no M1 Adams in Britain because, only US bases in Britain are from USAF
nearest base is US Army base is Germany and they move last M-1 Abrams tanks back to USA in 2013...

How the Challenger 2 Tank looks like
800px-Challenger_II.jpg

I mean, one of the Transformers movies had the characters exit the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum through the large hangar door at one end directly into the Davis-Monthan boneyard, so clearly they don't have a grasp on geography and what goes where.

While I enjoy the banter, why is this thread not on the bar? Or did I miss something? I'm old, entirely possible.

Absolutely correct ! Moved !

It may not be impossible/beyond the realms of the possible that there is at least one M1 in the UK. Perhaps not officially but there were Leo 2's here for quite a while too.