Hidden trove of suspected Nazi artifacts found in Argentina

phrenzy

as long as all they ask me about is the air war...
Reaction score
Not quite a hidden treasure train, but compelling none the less. Certainly lends some additional credence to some of the less well established facts of the rat line. Hitler's personal magnifying glass if a very significant find, though the rest much less so.

Watch the Hitler in South America tin foil hat brigade come out in force.

I find it a little dubious that such a high profile piece as Hitler's magnifying glass would be so positively ID'd by photo comparison alone so quickly unless they have more provenance than they are copping to. Then again the Argentines likely have a good, mostly confidential, history of who was really there to refer to and track this sort of thing. I don't think Mengele would have brought harmonicas and addler standards with him, if it's all genuine and from a single source you have to think it came across by boat with a group by ship or sub, someone high ranking and his staff. Anyone know if sub crews were given access to harmonicas? I know they were popular for servicemen I'm all branches since it's just about the only musical instrument you can carry around in combat. Would have to assume it's an acoustic risk on a sub though, no?

I'd like to see the wiesenthal centre's take on this.

https://apnews.com/d396ac910d9f477289fcc3380b6c0aec/Hidden-trove-of-suspected-Nazi-artifacts-found-in-Argentina?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=%2AMorning%20Brief

Back
Top Bottom