Sic Transit Vir

I'ts been a rough couple years for interested and helpful authors, researchers and contributors. Perhaps a central pinned thread for those lost in this loose community rather than individuals would be appropriate? Recently Quora dealt with this in a similar way.

Not to detract from this specific sadness, but I bought Steve Pace's Big Book of X‑Bombers & X‑Fighters at the Smithsonian air and space museum the month he died. It was prominantly displayed and even though it took my luggage overweight I felt I had to, I also had to tell the staff there, try didn't know, hopefully it helped get the great book it the a little more. Just saying all these people deserve remembering and a central thread might be an effective way to preserve their memory and contributions.

I certainly know I'll be looking into Stephen's work now, I hope that would be something any of us would appreciate should this happen to us.

Let us hope that "sic transit gloria" isn't the fate of lost friends and colleagues.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn being so junior a member.

Vir's happiest moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DfQcHMYLY

In case you don't know -

Stephen Furst was an actor who played "Vir" on Babylon 5 as part of a long career in film and television. "Sic Transit Vir" is a Latin phrase which translates as "thus passes man" or "thus passes Vir" and is also the name of an episode of Babylon 5.