Chinese semi submersible arsenal ship

collins355

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Lots of chatter over the last few days about a newly revealed Chinese R&D project that may be moving ahead for a semi-submersible high speed arsenal ship.

Attachments

• semi submersible arsenal ship.jpg
    semi submersible arsenal ship.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 606
Jam or otherwise interrupt the link providing targeting information to this Chinese arsenal ship and it becomes worthless junk.

As a concept I don't think that makes any sense. Very interested in semi-subs but that type of mast-only semi-sub seems the worst of both worlds. Hull engineering is very little short of a true submersible, safety is only marginally better than a true submersible and things like weapons launch are greatly complicated. And low detectibility only marginally improved.

collins355 said:
Lots of chatter over the last few days about a newly revealed Chinese R&D project that may be moving ahead for a semi-submersible high speed arsenal ship.
Original paper as I understand is describing Chinese analog of (in)famous Columbia River SEALS semi-submerged stealth boats ('Alligators') while giant arsenal ships are nothing more than fanart developing an idea.

Attachments

• DA5V1ggVwAABiAW.jpg
    DA5V1ggVwAABiAW.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 528
  • DA5V1e8UwAA_7Bi.jpg
    DA5V1e8UwAA_7Bi.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 490
Whooahh that's much more interesting. That's the sort of semi-sub that does make a lot of sense.

This likely ties with SCS island disputes. Basically an SF craft.

Much more details
https://www.eastpendulum.com/la-chine-fait-renaitre-arsenal-ship-semi-submersible

The I-SILC has conventional cylindrical dry compartments inside because the hull fully submerges. The illustration has flat sided wet-dry dividers like alligator (which does not fully submerge).

Has someone missed this?

Sorry to sound negative.