EV-2T Unknown Cargo Airplane Project ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I found this Project of airplane,called EV-2T as a cargo twin boom aircraft,but I can't
ID if it was a Hungarian or Czech ?,from Hungarian magazine;

https://library.hungaricana.hu/en/view/EsztergomKonyvek_016/?pg=141&layout=s

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 296
Just a little extra on this one, I think the source article was exploring the issue of fast distribution of perishable goods via a glider towed by an Antonov An-2. It mentions the Hungarian main airport at Ferihegy , so I guess it is a Hungarian glider project.

The source Hesham quotes also states "Of course there was a motor version of this machine. For this task, the engine AI-14R seemed to be suitable, two of which could have been mounted on the front of the two tailgates. The two engines, however, were large in diameter and were not fit for the machine. There was one more option, the Canadian brand PT-6. A propeller gas turbine that would have been here, but its price would have been more than a piece of the dragon of the whole aircraft. That is why the technicians decided that the sailing version would remain for now."

This glider variant was developed by Lajos Bende in 1967, according to Márton Pap's guidance, and kept contact with the Ministry of Agriculture and here he was told how many frames are available. Unfortunately, because of the prices of the machine did not materialize."

(with thanks to Google Translate!)

I don't know the manufacturer but the EV- prefix was used by Esztergom Facility of Pest Area Machine Factory (PGE) (formerly Sportárutermelõ V., Esztergom).

Many many thanks to you my dear CY-27,

and this company (Sportárutermelõ V., Esztergom)) had two gliders,E-31 Esztergom & EV-1K Fecske,so the EV-2T
was from its products.

EV-2T wings and tail surfaces remind me of the PZL 15 Blogger jet-powered, biplane crop-duster.

PZL 15 also used spare engines from Yak-40 trijet and L-39 production runs.
PZL looked like unrelated airplane parts flying in loose formation.
Looks like something that a bored Russian bureaucrat - with piles of surplus airplane parts - would dream up!
Hah!
Hah!

PZL 15 proved uneconomical in service and was retired after only 175 were built.

We wonder which bureaucrat got a promotion during this project!
Hah!
Hah!

riggerrob said:
EV-2T wings and tail surfaces remind me of the PZL 15 Blogger jet-powered, biplane crop-duster.

PZL 15 also used spare engines from Yak-40 trijet and L-39 production runs.
PZL looked like unrelated airplane parts flying in loose formation.
Looks like something that a bored Russian bureaucrat - with piles of surplus airplane parts - would dream up!
Hah!
Hah!

PZL 15 proved uneconomical in service and was retired after only 175 were built.

We wonder which bureaucrat got a promotion during this project!
Hah!
Hah!

You are right Riggerrob.