Secret Projects job!

Mike Pryce

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I have a permanent research position that would suit someone with a good historical and technical knowledge of the projects this forum focuses on:

https://jobs.cranfield.ac.uk/vacancy/research-fellow-in-technology-innovation-and-design-313307.html

You don't have to be a STOVL nut, just know your stuff and have ideas for the future.

As Paul, said the commute is kind of far and I only hold a Bachelors degree in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. My best friend currently lives in Cambridge and holds a Masters in English Literature, and he posts here sometimes. But he and his wife are moving back to Sweden at the end of the year. It does sound like a really cool job, though.

Commute would be a bit far from Downunder, as Paul suggested and it is a few decades since I did any academic research but I do have a Masters in Defence Studies from the Australian Defence Force Academy (UNSW). Might be interesting but being a non-citizen might be a bit harder...

Nice, it would be a really interesting experience and commuting from Italy is far but not so far...

I do a lot of research and I'm about an hour and a half away up the M1 but I don't come anywhere close to meeting the relevant academic criteria.

Can you wait five years? Is there a good Pub in stumbling distance? Heck, I might even waive on the moving fees.

Yeah, on second viewing a masters degree in Medieval Culture probably isn't 'in a relevant academic area'. That's me ruled out :)

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Yeah, on second viewing a masters degree in Medieval Culture probably isn't 'in a relevant academic area'. That's me ruled out :)
Medieval cathedrals and some defence projects have much in common - take years, cost a fortune, faith based planning...

Sure I have the necessary qualifications.....
Your not going to check or anything are you?.....

It's really ironic that most of the practitioners in this field that I can name are unqualified for the job.