Register here

Author Topic: Apollo style mission for Orion/SLS??  (Read 2142 times)

Offline fredymac

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Apollo style mission for Orion/SLS??
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 10:57:38 am »
As a private citizen, I want to see government employees subject to the same uncertainties of job security as everyone else.  That might provide the means to reduce bureaucracy to a minimum while turning over execution to entities that are motivated by direct knowledge of financial mortality.

Have fun in that fantasy.

Said before but bears repeating:  Wow.

Offline martinbayer

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 07:26:53 am »
As a private citizen, I want to see government employees subject to the same uncertainties of job security as everyone else.  That might provide the means to reduce bureaucracy to a minimum while turning over execution to entities that are motivated by direct knowledge of financial mortality.

Funny - I'd want private citizens to enjoy the same job security that government employees have ;D...
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Offline kaiserd

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 09:06:57 am »

Funny - I'd want private citizens to enjoy the same job security that government employees have ;D...

I'd say something crazy for a contribution; a moderate voice.
Most non-zealots would prefer more not less job security in general.
While reward and protection irrespective of job performance is not healthy for individuals or organisations, job insecurity also has significant long term costs for individuals and organisations, with long term performance of both vulnerable to short term pressures.
It's about continually working towards the right balance; not some ideological driven crusade that hates the very concept of government/ state except the bits they happen to like (like the military).

Offline Byeman

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:07 pm »

My comment has nothing to do with the validity or rightness of his comment.  Mine was just a statement on reality