"Husky" fifth-generation submarine (Russian Federation)

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
"Russia begins to design "Husky" fifth-generation submarine concept"
Published: Monday, 27 March 2017 14:41

Source:
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/march-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/5023-russia-begins-to-design-husky-fifth-generation-submarine-concept.html

Russia began to design the concept of the perspective Husky-class fifth-generation nuclear submarine and the work is currently at the preliminary design stage, Vice-President of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) for military shipbuilding Igor Ponomarev told reporters.

The concept of the fifth-generation nuclear submarine of the Husky project is being formed. A preliminary design of the perspective sub is being produced," he said.

The characteristics of the perspective submarine, its armaments and equipment "will depend on the tasks set by the Navy," Ponomarev added.

The USC earlier said the concept and a rough sketch of the multi-purpose fifth-generation Husky-class submarine have to be ready in two years. The new submarine is designed by the Malakhit bureau in St. Petersburg. At present Russia is building a series of fourth-generation submarines of project 885 (code Yasen). [

Attachments

• husky_fifth_generation_submarine_russia.jpg
    husky_fifth_generation_submarine_russia.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 609
Husky has been a topic for years, interesting that it's now started.
Looks like multiple pump jets plus a screw at the stern? What's going on there?

Single screw with X-planes, I thought. Popular nowadays.

RP1 said:

Single screw with X-planes, I thought. Popular nowadays.
Yeah other than being a porker there's not much that stands out about the image. Wonder if they're hoping this comes out costing less than a project 885.

Ahah!!! Now I see it in full resolution that makes all the difference! X-planes and regular prop.

Overall not so bold.

What's beneath it? Just a previous malachite design passing in the background?

Started my HUSKY tracking page at http://www.hisutton.com/Husky_SSN.html

Profile based on the Malachite model. This boat appears very much like the AKULA except with the X-planes and longer sail extending forward, relocated bow planes and VLS.
3elcoou.jpg

4ORqX1W.jpg

Another popular image - looks speculative to me. The overlap of the bow planes and the VLS may indicate it wasn't created by Malachite ;)
optbYs2.jpg

covert_shores said:
Another popular image - looks speculative to me. The overlap of the bow planes and the VLS may indicate it wasn't created by Malachite ;)
...and that's true
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?style=4&t=145472#p3416525