Some Automotive Fun...

Graham1973

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
A trio of films mixing footage from the Golden Era of car chase films (late 60s - 70s), some later stuff and music. Of the three I like the last one which uses the Black Crowe's Go Faster as the backing track...

Last edited:
The best car chase was in Italy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKYtRuDiuw

Ah, the original Italian Job...

I've been trying and failing to find the car chase compilation sequence from the documentary 'Not Quite Hollywood', Australia in the 70s/80s did some pretty good ones other than those in the first two Mad Max films... As this excerpt from a film which featured George Miller as 2nd Unit Director shows...

Last edited:
Jeremy Clarkson legendary Renault "Twingo sport" test

Jeremy Clarkson Infamous Ford Fiesta test

The Original Mayhem
The Blues Brother
the movie still holing the record for most wreck Car during filming
(hey, Fast and Furious franchise, hurry, up your still behind)

Last edited:
A Truck chase/crash video using something by George Thorogood other than "Bad to the Bone"

Last edited:
A trio of tribute films, two to existentialist road movies of the 1970s, the third to the fourth Mad Max move 'Fury Road'. All come from the editing talents of Warren Dubeau.

There are two versions of the tribute video below, this is the version I prefer.

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

Vanishing Point (1971) (NSFW)

Fury Road Tribute

Last edited:
No offence intended, but, when the politics affecting a project are considered off topic. How can this thread be on topic?

Foo Fighter said:
... when the politics affecting a project are considered off topic. How can this thread be on topic?

Forum Rules (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21728.0.html)
point 2 : "Political, religious and nationalistic posts are prohibited..."

It's just that easy ! And if you look back, it is for very good reasons !
You can post about cars, railways, pets or curlers in the Bar, if you think, that is is interesting,
or entertaining to other members, but NOT about politics.
You may find similar limitations in a real bar, too. You can talk about nearly everything, but if
furnishings are endangered by discussions about themes, that are proven to be too conflicting,
the barkeeper will say "STOP !".

An over-the-top car chase from an 80's(?) action comedy, the original soundtrack has been replaced with one from an over-the-top action movie...

Last edited:
Warren Dubeau strikes again, this time on two wheels...

...featuring a surprise appearance by Sylvester Stallone & what I like to think of as Skynet's Cavalry...

Last edited:
Pretty well known but unfortunately fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvDXlDxMnb4

Warren Dubeau is back, with a tribute to the 'Boys in Blue'...

Half the fun with these is figuring out just what clip comes from what film.

Last edited:
sienar said:
Pretty well known but unfortunately fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvDXlDxMnb4

Only fake in the sense they didn't use a Ferrari to film it. They used a Mercedes (450 SEL 6.9 IIRC) instead.

Claude Lelouche used his Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 because it could carry his Camera stable
and use the sound of Ferrari 275GTB in "soundtrack" for the cult movie

back to mother of all car chases "The Blues Brothers" crashing 104 cars in the action
Sorry F&F the use of CGI cars do not count...

Highway chase

Chicago city chase

Last edited:
Not so much car chases, as a certain type of Friday/Saturday night.

WARNING: Not Safe For Work!!

Last edited:
If there's one thing cheapo Italian film makers can be relied upon...

Last edited:
A tribute to one of the legendary American muscle cars...

Last edited:
And now a tribute to another legendary brand of muscle car...

Last edited:
If I remember correctly a replica of the Landmaster pops up in a low budget time-travel film, unfortunately I cannot remember the title only what I just described and that in a later scene someone destroys a killer robot by replacing it's control disk with a music CD...;)

From the 1951 film 'Pandora and the Flying Dutchman' a recreation of the 'Heroic Age' of World Land Speed Record attempts

I found this sequence because I had vague memories of the film and thought they'd recreated the death of J. G. Parry-Thomas, the first man to set consecutive world land speed records and the first man to die in the attempt. Turns out I was wrong...

Here for comparison is a video of the extraordinary story of Parry-Thomas's car 'Babs' a real survivor...

A pair of Ford Australia TV spots, the second which starts at 00:30 shows just how much Land Speed Record attempts had re-entered the public consciousness after the Thrust SST car broke the sound barrier...

That second ad caused a certain amount of controversy, with the police expressing displeasure at what's depicted. Ford's eventual response was one of the most 'Australian' ads they ever did...

;)

The Self Preservation Society: 50 years of The Italian Job

"This year marks the 50th anniversary of the British cult classic movie The Italian Job. This landmark anniversary presents a unique opportunity to celebrate the film with a coffee table book packed full of images, insights and revelations. Loaded with Sixties swagger, and famed for its endlessly quotable dialogue and one of the most impressive car chases in movie history, The Italian Job is the ultimate celebration of ‘cool Britannia’."

This book does a great job of capturing the making of story of "The Italian Job" as well as tracking down the all the people, cars, and places of the movie. I found out about the book in a review in a digital back issue of a British motor mag. I fondly remember seeing the original on TV and never felt the slightest urge to see the remake. Maybe on some rainy afternoon...

I got mine here:

Attachments

• IJ Italian-Job-COVER_1000x1000.jpg
    IJ Italian-Job-COVER_1000x1000.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IJ Try-putting-your-foot-down-tony_896x520.jpg
    IJ Try-putting-your-foot-down-tony_896x520.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IJ Lamborghini-Miura_896x520.jpg
    IJ Lamborghini-Miura_896x520.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IJ Italian-job-e-type_896x520.jpg
    IJ Italian-job-e-type_896x520.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IJ Aston-Martin-DB4_896x520.jpg
    IJ Aston-Martin-DB4_896x520.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4
The Edward Norton remake is not the only one out there, I've heard that Bollywood made a version as well, cannot remember if the cars were in the colors of the Indian flag or not..

Dear Graham1973,
Amazing how they can "screech" tires on dirt roads!
Hah!
Hah!

A small historical update. It turns out that the car used in 'Pandora and the Flying Dutchman' for the World Land Speed Record scene was in fact one that had been owned by John Cobb, holder of the Land Speed Record at the time the film was made. He had used the vehicle to set an endurance speed record for the fastest speed over a 24hr period at Lake Bonneville, a decision that led Sir Malcolm Campbell to the lake to set the 301mph record in 1935.