Nuclear War effects

P

pavel

Friends, you have a strange discussion ... When burning taiga, the temperature does not drop. But the smoke! .. The smoke permeates everywhere. Nightmare is not a nuclear winter. As a result of a nuclear war that we may die of suffocation. This is the first. Second. From forest fires temperature rises. It does not rain!

This is not a nuclear winter. This Nuclear Desert. In the style of Mad Max. After a nuclear war would be everywhere the Sahara desert. End of the biosphere. We will lose the history of mankind. We lose our publications. We will lose the architecture. We will lose the Internet and electronic archives.

We disappear. But what's the point? We have children, we do not schizophrenics. Or schizophrenics? We need amenazin?

This is the most important thing: a nuclear war there would be no tomorrow, or the day after. A nuclear war is impossible. Maybe ... Excuse me ...

pavel said:
Friends, you have a strange discussion ... When burning taiga, the temperature does not drop. But the smoke! .. The smoke permeates everywhere. Nightmare is not a nuclear winter. As a result of a nuclear war that we may die of suffocation. This is the first. Second. From forest fires temperature rises. It does not rain!

This is not a nuclear winter. This Nuclear Desert. In the style of Mad Max. After a nuclear war would be everywhere the Sahara desert. End of the biosphere. We will lose the history of mankind. We lose our publications. We will lose the architecture. We will lose the Internet and electronic archives.

We disappear. But what's the point? We have children, we do not schizophrenics. Or schizophrenics? We need amenazin?

This is the most important thing: a nuclear war there would be no tomorrow, or the day after. A nuclear war is impossible. Maybe ... Excuse me ...

No need, IMO to ask to be excused, Pavel. You bring up some rather relevant points.

"No need, IMO to ask to be excused, Pavel. You bring up some rather relevant points." Thank you.

Nightmare picture, right? It drew a woman, an American artist. Pamela Lee. The book "Out of the Cradle" 1984.

Man burns alive in the nuclear fire ...

If you are interested, I have two Soviet magazine. Science and life. 1986. Gaia (GEO, Geya, ГЕЯ). The concept of "forbidden line". Academician Nikita Moiseev. What is nuclear winter ?! He has a real apocalypse. The absolute deluge after a nuclear winter. Tsunami will start from the top of Chomolungma. Complete degradation of the biosphere.

Attachments

• pamela lee nuclear war1.jpg
    pamela lee nuclear war1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 249
  • pamela lee nuclear war2.jpg
    pamela lee nuclear war2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 245
pavel said:
"No need, IMO to ask to be excused, Pavel. You bring up some rather relevant points." Thank you.

Nightmare picture, right? It drew a woman, an American artist. Pamela Lee. The book "Out of the Cradle" 1984.

Man burns alive in the nuclear fire ...

If you are interested, I have two Soviet magazine. Science and life. 1986. Gaia (GEO, Geya, ГЕЯ). The concept of "forbidden line". Academician Nikita Moiseev. What is nuclear winter ?! He has a real apocalypse. The absolute deluge after a nuclear winter. Tsunami will start from the top of Chomolungma. Complete degradation of the biosphere.

Are you aware of "When the Wind Blows"? It was by a British author, Raymond Briggs and was a graphic novel. It is about a couple, who are Old Age Pensioners in the UK who grow alarmed about the reports of the deteriorating world situation and start, on Government advice, preparing a fall out shelter. Nuclear war breaks out and they die from the fall out. Very moving. It was made into a movie. Then, of course there are the classics like "On the Beach", "Doctor Strangelove" and "Fail Safe". Then we have the more modern movies, like "The Day After" and "Threads". I'd recommend all of them, as excellent depictions of what the lead up to and the breaking out of nuclear war are more than likely to be like.

--- Are you aware of "When the Wind Blows"? Then, of course there are the classics like "On the Beach", "Doctor Strangelove" and "Fail Safe". Then we have the more modern movies, like "The Day After" and "Threads". ---

Thank you! All of these movies and animations on my dvd eight years. I know them very well. "Threads" - very scary and very truthful film. But there are two errors (nuclear explosion, but the people are living. Woman pees in his pants. no nuclear explosion, but the outbreak kills people. When the boy is feeding the birds.). "When the Wind Blows"? Husband and wife in the house? "On the Beach" - Gregory Peck. Applause. "Doctor Strangelove" - Homeric antifascist anecdote. "Fail Safe" - anti-American film. "The Day After" - I saw him at the school in 1984. The first American film on Soviet television. You forgot one American cartoon. I do not remember him. Two bear with two small nuclear bombs. The animation in the form of children's poems. I also saw him in 1984. What is it called? (Plus Terminator and Testament). Testament - a natural psychological thriller! A nightmare.

Yes. I recommend you the most terrifying film about a nuclear war. Soviet. "Dead Man's Letters".

I want to find an American documentary film.1984-86. The effect of nuclear winter. Not "Nostradamus" with Orson Welles. Other. Very good special effects. The theme of this film - the theory of nuclear winter. No TV bridge! But what?

Threads from early 80s Britain... Realistic and horrific, be warned I didn't sleep for 2 days. Read the reviews first, makes the day after look like steamboat Willy.

"The Day After" was bad enough but "Threads" was IMHO quite terrifying. I still remember the scene where the kids are watching the British Army convoys heading to Europe with the head lights shining on their faces as they go past...

Threads scared the pants out of me. I went through a phase of looking into and researching this sort out thing and frankly you can do yourself damage. I think you have to "learn to stop worrying and love the bomb".

What is this film (documentary, fragment )? I saw him in 1988 on Soviet television, but I do not remember the name. It is an American documentary 80s for television. This documentary about nuclear winter. Frozen Ocean. Submarine in the ice, and other horrors. No TV bridge (bridge I looked). An interesting mystery ...

I do not believe a nuclear winter. But in the magazine "National Geographic" 1990-1991 interesting photo. The war in Kuwait. Burning oil wells. Over Kuwait - a giant cloud veil of smoke and ash. It is very thick, black. Absolutely flat. Probably, this is similar to a nuclear winter.

pavel said:
What is this film (documentary, fragment )?

It is from the episode "Fate of the Earth" from the PBS documentary series "Planet Earth." This episode aired in March of 1986.

FYI: This one was easy to google. The narrator is instantly recognizable as Richard Kiley (well, if you were an American watching TV from the seventies into the nineties)... throw that in with "effect of nuclear war," and the solution is easy to find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Earth_(1986_series)

Orion, thank you very much. I found this series is now on channel You Tube. Planet Earth: Fate of the Earth P4

"By Dawns Early Light"? B 52? The film went on Russian TV in 1999.

I still remember the look on my dad's face after this documentary was aired in the1980s in Britain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJttnC8PoA

One of the most memorable points being the effect of one detonation on London, the attempt at following government shelter guidelines and how blast effect would be deadly.

Not to be too flippant about this, the basic effects of a nuclear exchange at the highest level would be to ruin everybody's day. When the wind blows was a guide to what to expect and demonstrates that folk basically ignore what they do not like, the 'characters' do just about everything wrong. I suppose a basic premise would be "Who would WANT to survive such an exchange"?

We already face another threat just as bad and that threat is our worldwide infestation of the planet, growing our population without concern as to the ability of the planet to support this population increase. Other species deserve to live in peace without the threat to habitat WE constitute.

What about the idea that the Elites are spending their Trillions/Billions on underground shelters and antartic seed vaults because they know an all out nuclear war (even chemical, biological too) is inevitable and necessary to cause planetary depopulation. I don't agree with the premise, but many "globalists" seek a culling of the population no matter how severe because they believe human activity is out of control. How strange is it that they would use the most polluting method imaginable (radioactive isotopes and long half-life by products). At some point even a limited nuclear war is sure to happen somewhere on the globe (Middle East, North Korea, terrorist groups with nukes).

I still have "The world's of Herman Kahn". Do a little reading on him and his work in and out of RAND and it will be a wild eye opener.

I wonder, has anybody else seen the 1965 British movie, "The War Game"? It was banned by the BBC from broadcast in 1965 and was only eventually seen onscreen in 1985. It was quite horrifying in how it portrayed the events of a nuclear exchange and it's affects on British society. I can remember seeing it back in the late 1980s and it was quite horrifying how it showed the breakdown of law and order and the destruction of society.

Phrenzy! "The world's of Herman Kahn"?... The first time I see it. Interesting, interesting... It?

--http://www.sharonghamari.com/excerpt/GhamariExcerpt.pdf--

This anti-nuclear book or not? Why is it a sensation?