Register here

Author Topic: Mystery Pou  (Read 493 times)

Offline avion ancien

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • The accidental peasant!
Mystery Pou
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:51:02 pm »
A couple of years ago there appeared on le Bon Coin (a French online advertising site) a Mignet formule aeroplane. I attach a copy of the image that accompanied the advertisement and apologise for the diminutive size of it (it was the best I could capture). It was being offered for sale at only a few hundred Euros. As I've said, it appears to be a Mignet formule design but not one which I recognise. Sadly before I could make enquiries of the seller, the advertisement was taken down. Can anyone out there identify it?

P.s. I should add that when it was being advertised for sale on le Bon Coin, there was a hyperlink to a video (on, I think, youtube), which showed this aeroplane being taxied frantically around a field, but my attempts subsequently to find this have been entirely unsuccessful.

Offline avion ancien

Re: Mystery Pou
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »
I didn't think that this little aeroplane would defeat the mighty intellect of this forum!

Offline hesham

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:34:39 pm »
For first look,hard to say my dear Avion ?.

Offline richard

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:35:05 am »
For me , it looks more like a tandem wing plane (Peyret) than a Pou (Mignet) ...

http://pouguide.org/un-cousin-eloigne-la-denoiselle-de-denoix
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:44:11 am by richard »

Offline avion ancien

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:42 am »
But my understanding of the Peyret double monoplane design is that it had ailerons on all four wings (q.v. the SFCA Taupin and Cross Country designs - SFCA acquired Louis Peyret's patent after his death in 1933). I can see no ailerons on the wings of the aeroplane in my photograph, which led me to assume that the forward wing pivots and the aft wing is a fixed aerofoil and, from that assumption, that it had been constructed on the Mignet formule.