Mystery Pou

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
A couple of years ago there appeared on le Bon Coin (a French online advertising site) a Mignet formule aeroplane. I attach a copy of the image that accompanied the advertisement and apologise for the diminutive size of it (it was the best I could capture). It was being offered for sale at only a few hundred Euros. As I've said, it appears to be a Mignet formule design but not one which I recognise. Sadly before I could make enquiries of the seller, the advertisement was taken down. Can anyone out there identify it?

P.s. I should add that when it was being advertised for sale on le Bon Coin, there was a hyperlink to a video (on, I think, youtube), which showed this aeroplane being taxied frantically around a field, but my attempts subsequently to find this have been entirely unsuccessful.

Attachments

• efa7dfa00e894e5ce4c856e7d5c6551f6f2bcd68.jpg
    efa7dfa00e894e5ce4c856e7d5c6551f6f2bcd68.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 376
I didn't think that this little aeroplane would defeat the mighty intellect of this forum!

For me , it looks more like a tandem wing plane (Peyret) than a Pou (Mignet) ...

http://pouguide.org/un-cousin-eloigne-la-denoiselle-de-denoix

But my understanding of the Peyret double monoplane design is that it had ailerons on all four wings (q.v. the SFCA Taupin and Cross Country designs - SFCA acquired Louis Peyret's patent after his death in 1933). I can see no ailerons on the wings of the aeroplane in my photograph, which led me to assume that the forward wing pivots and the aft wing is a fixed aerofoil and, from that assumption, that it had been constructed on the Mignet formule.

The rear wing position is wrong for any Mignet design that I have seen and the way that it is separate from the rear fuselage suggests that it pivots up and down for pitch control or trim. The split front wing suggests differential variable incidence for roll control. It could be related to the Lacroix Autoplan designs, though they had fixed forward wings and conventional ailerons as in this LNB.12.

17344.jpg