Israeli Tadmit and Pyramid TV Guided Bombs

ocay

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Before Popeye and Spice Israeli defencr firms had developed 2 TV Guided Bombs called Tadmid and Pyramid; are there any pictures of them?

Re: Israeli Tadmid and Pyramid TV Guided Bombs

Obviously a lot of Israeli weapons are shrouded in secrecy..but..

Is the the Pyramid related to the Guillotine guided bomb?
I recall somewhere it being intimated they were related...and that the Guillotine was similar looking to Paveway.
Perhaps Pyramid was the TV guided variant of the Guillotine...which I think was laser guided?
I might be recalling incorrectly though, and the above is speculation on my part.

Guillotine should be one of second generation LGB of Israel.

Tadmid looks like unpowered Popeye. Pretty big bomb

I have no idea on Pyramid.

There is also Griffin and Lizard series LGB series. I would know it their differences.

kaiserbill said:
Obviously a lot of Israeli weapons are shrouded in secrecy..but..

Is the the Pyramid related to the Guillotine guided bomb?
I recall somewhere it being intimated they were related...and that the Guillotine was similar looking to Paveway.
Perhaps Pyramid was the TV guided variant of the Guillotine...which I think was laser guided?
I might be recalling incorrectly though, and the above is speculation on my part.

No relation, I believe, though some early references do conflate them. Guillotine was from IAI and Pyramid was from Rafael.

There is a poor quality image of Pyramid in Flight International, 27 June 1987, page 5. I'd link it but my tablet isn't playing nice with the Flight website.

Tadmit was an advanced follow-on project to replace the american AGM-65 Walleye used by IAF. Pyramid was a simpler project, AFAIK it was never procured by IAF. Guillotine, Griffin and Lizard were LGBs produced by israel and intended to replace the american PGMs - since those were given practically for free through american foreign aid program, IAF rejected the israeli bombs and they were sold to foreign customers only (mostly 3rd world countries).