Zee Aero VTOL Demonstrator

Re: Zee aero electric VTOL in flight test phase

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Although, it's a VTOL aircraft, not a "flying car." I still don't understand the fascination with calling VTOL GA aircraft "flying cars," as they will never be as ubiquitous as cars. It must be from the user standpoint, making them so that someone with a drivers license can operate it, but it still doesn't make it a car. Don't get me started on "roadable" planes either.

It will be interesting to see how this would compete as a flying taxi with that German electric helo design.

Amen, Brother! ;D

Volocopter is going to be limited in range. I don't know what L/D they claim, but if you want to get to places far away, you need to get on a wing.
There is also the problem of having a non-articulated rotor system, meaning they have to tilt the whole vehicle forward to go fast (like, 30 degrees!) and i'm not sure how they're handling retreating/advancing blade problems usually dealt with the multitude of hinges on a traditional rotor.

Very interesting! Thanks!
I think flying car the more popular term that normal people understand what aerospace nerds mean! ;)
6r363-on-Instagram-611x420.png

In comparison the 2013 proof of concept.

I think 'Flying Car' as a term is avoided when the vehicle is not meant to drive on the ground.

BTW, it looks like they kept the tooling they used on the canard model. Fuselage OML looks the same, although it now has a shoulder mounted wing.

R&D for VTOL personal transport seems to be fashionable these days ::)

http://www.businessinsider.sg/airbus-air-taxi-uber-of-skies-2016-11/

https://electrek.co/2016/10/24/airbus-unveils-concept-autonomous-electric-vtol-aircraft/

"The vehicle program is called ‘Vahana’ and it is being developed by Airbus’ subsidiary (pronounced “A-cubed”) based in Silicon Valley. A³’s CEO, Rodin Lyasoff, was formerly a Lead Engineer for Flight Software and Simulation at Zee Aero, one of the electric aircraft startups financed by Page."

Attachments

• airbus_vahana_02.jpg
    airbus_vahana_02.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 422

::)

Attachments

• Zee Aero Prototype Shadow.jpg
    Zee Aero Prototype Shadow.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 240
Zee.Aero technology demonstrator

Hello guys:
none of you know anything about this strange airplane? It was photographed by Steve Eggleston on Hollister Airport, in California, last November. Surely it is connected with the Zee.Aero program for a pilotless aircraft. We can see a form of distributed propulsion in underwing pods and has two pusher propellers.
FAA registration is barely readable and could be anything similar to N1 ... 2XZ. Any information about manufacturer, first flight date and so on will be very appreciated.
A nice 2017 to all of you

Nico S.

Attachments

• TECH-UBER_Zee.Aero.jpg
    TECH-UBER_Zee.Aero.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 165
Re: Zee.Aero technology demonstrator

My dear Nico,

I found nothing about it,except this site,but I will keep search;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2768925-Latest-Pix-of-Zee-Aero