Luftwaffe: Secret Bombers of the Third Reich

newsdeskdan

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
More of the same from me, only with bombers this time.

LSBcover2.jpg

I don't have jpgs of the contents pages to hand but expect to find, like last time, a line-up of the usual suspects: Me 264, He 274, He 277, He 343, Arado E 395, E 470, E 555 and E 560, Focke-Wulf Fernkampfflugzeug up to and including the Ta 400, Fw 300, Ju 290, Ju 390, Ju 287 and Ju 488, Blohm & Voss BV 238, BV 250, P 163 and P 188, Daimler-Benz Schnellstbombenträger, Sänger Raketenbomber, Messerschmitt P 1107 and P 1108, Horten XVIII and a motley assortment of other bits and pieces.

The thing's 132 pages as before and is due back from the printers imminently, apparently.

Fantastic!New Mook!Will you write space projects of the Third Reich?
And do you know what happened to Aviation Classics

Great stuff Dan, and thanks for commissioning me for the cover art again! I enjoyed working on it! B)

Funky colours though, I think they need to tweak their online colour profile though as it seems like a faulty CMYK-to-sRGB translation now. I noticed the Pearl Harbor one was off-colour as well on the website.
But it opens (and re-saves) fine in Photoshop. Here it is after opening and saving-for-web and with some luck, that's what it'll look like in print too:

Attachments

• LSBcover.jpg
    LSBcover.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 707
Great. Super!! :)
Hard to get my copy by Amazon.co.jp now. ???

Excellent. Can't wait to get my complimentary copy! :D
I've advertised it on my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AviationArt.Aero and it has generated some sales too B)

Looking forward to it. Unfortunately the Morton publications are much harder to find in the States than the comparable publications from Key.

It will show up though. I managed to get a copy of last year's Fighters volume all the way out here in El Paso, TX.

When anyone anywhere in the U.S. sees this on a newsstand, please mention it here!

As per the preface the aithor had access to the National Archives @Kew - hence lot of new material and a must buy for anyone who liked Luftwaffe Secret Fighters

Dan, its another really great bookazine, highly recommended. Very well researched, lots of quotes and images directly from the archive materials. Great artwork too.

I hope the editor does send the copy I`ve ordered. With the first edition I only got the bookazine several weeks after arriving at Portuguese stands...

Wurger said:
I hope the editor does send the copy I`ve ordered. With the first edition I only got the bookazine several weeks after arriving at Portuguese stands...

Luftwaffe: Secret Bombers doesn't really have an editor. I wrote it, designers designed it and Mortons published it. Any errors in it are, therefore, on me. I have no involvement with the sending out of copies - although I'm told that they have now, finally, been printed and should be entering the distribution process as I type this.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Dan, its another really great bookazine, highly recommended. Very well researched, lots of quotes and images directly from the archive materials. Great artwork too.

Thanks Paul - I'm guessing you got the digital version!

newsdeskdan said:
Wurger said:

Luftwaffe: Secret Bombers doesn't really have an editor. I wrote it, designers designed it and Mortons published it. Any errors in it are, therefore, on me. I have no involvement with the sending out of copies - although I'm told that they have now, finally, been printed and should be entering the distribution process as I type this.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:

Thanks Paul - I'm guessing you got the digital version!

Yep, indeed. I often buy digital copies due to my location nowhere near anywhere useful :)

The Pearl Harbor title is now available here in Atlanta. Keep me informed of sightings of the new Luftwaffe title in the U.S.

Is it already at news stands? It`s hard to wait this long... I`ve ordered mine, so I believe it will take longer.

My pre-order copy arrived this week, and excellent it is too! Congrats newsdeskdan, and all those involved.

29843990013_a7e3eafd79_c.jpg

Unfortunately the contents page is in very small print spread over two pages - making it hard to take a picture of, but it seems exceptionally comprehensive

Have my copy since a few days .
Excellent account about the subject. No mayby's , no what iff's
just plane facts and profound background history with
excellent artwork and many, many before unseen illustrations.
Well done NDD..

Thanks for the positive comments - this is another overview and I know some people hate that. As with the first one, I wanted to set the various projects in context and see how they all fitted together.

Great stuff, Dan. Interesting to see the "Amerika Bomber" myth properly busted.

May I ask how you get permission for reproducing all those images? I am having to pay the Science Museum through the nose for just a couple, there is no way their license fees for that many could come in below £69.99, never mind £6.99, and the British Library make that look cheap!

Oh, and your next project? My personal vote goes to "German tailless and flying wing development 1919-1945", but I'm guessing that my second choice, Secret Missiles of the Third Reich, is the more likely?

steelpillow said:
Great stuff, Dan. Interesting to see the "Amerika Bomber" myth properly busted.

May I ask how you get permission for reproducing all those images? I am having to pay the Science Museum through the nose for just a couple, there is no way their license fees for that many could come in below £69.99, never mind £6.99, and the British Library make that look cheap!

Oh, and your next project? My personal vote goes to "German tailless and flying wing development 1919-1945", but I'm guessing that my second choice, Secret Missiles of the Third Reich, is the more likely?

Other people have expensive hobbies - this is mine. Thanks for the suggestions!

German tailless and flying wing development 1919-1945, yes that's a good idea. With your new Adado projects! ;)
[/quote]

What do you suggest?
[/quote]

Zizi6785 said:
German tailless and flying wing development 1919-1945, yes that's a good idea. With your new Adado projects! ;)

What do you suggest?
[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm not so bothered about 1919 to 1938 but beyond that there are a few interesting tailless things that I don't think have been seen before...

Orionblamblam said:
newsdeskdan said:
What do you suggest?

"Secret Nazi Faster-Than-Light, Antigravity and Time Travel Projects of World War II, 1946-2017."

You *know* it would sell.

"Hitler's Secret Stealth, Hypersonic, Faster-Than-Light, Antigravity and Time Travel Projects" would be even better.