astronautix

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I've added a new article on Philip Bono's work on the Encyclopedia Astronautica at:

http://www.astronautix.com/b/bono.html

You may notice I've reorganized and reformatted the site, and am now (after some time) begun adding new and updated content. So please visit regularly to see what is new - other recent articles were Gemini to Mars! and Where Have All the Astronauts Gone?

All new content accessible at the top page:

http://www.astronautix.com/

Thanks for the support over the decades (!) - the site has been up for over 20 years now!

Look! It's moving updated. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive,
it's moving updated, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive,
IT'S ALIVE!

sorry mr wade, i can not resist to make joke about long inactivity period at Astronautix
i know the site since it "friends and partner" times and for me it's THE REVERENCE PAGE about Space Flight in Internet.
how much time i have spend on Astronautix on Soviet Hardware, must be years !

Thanks for updates !

Astronautix,

Cannot thank you enough for maintaining your wonderful site. It's the best one-stop shopping for accurate and extremely interesting information. So many projects....so little time.

Bravo from Texas

Reading this thread introduced me to Astronautix. Wow! So much absolutely neat stuff to read and gawk at. Thanks for the effort and commitment!

David

I'm so damn glad Astronautix is still around. So many wasted and unfunded opportunities for space travel, exploration and infrastructure. We could have had thousands/tens of thousands of people in orbit, on The Moon, Mars, exploring the Solar system for resources and science.:-[ Here's to hoping the 21st century is better.

John21 said:
I'm so damn glad Astronautix is still around. So many wasted and unfunded opportunities for space travel, exploration and infrastructure. We could have had thousands/tens of thousands of people in orbit, on The Moon, Mars, exploring the Solar system for resources and science.:-[ Here's to hoping the 21st century is better.

Those powerful decades, when Taylor and the boys designed spaceships equipped with big, heavy Barber-chairs -- because they could!

(and today? .... how much money to put one pound of stuff into LEO?) No one today but a former South-African and whacko Amazon guy think big and have the cohonies to move the ball forward.

Only thing NASA does today is work up schemes to shove our once magnificent infrastructure into the Atlantic.

David

Dear astronautix!

astronautix said:
I've added a new article on Philip Bono's work on the Encyclopedia Astronautica at:

Thanks a lot for this article!
I'm looking some info about Bono about month ago - and now has a wonderful and complete story.

Your' resource is great and colorfully presents history of astronautics.
I hope, that some errors could be fixed later - like PDF files, mentioned in the articles, but unavailable for download?

Keep up a good work!

merriman said:
Only thing NASA does today is work up schemes to shove our once magnificent infrastructure into the Atlantic.

David

Unsubstantiated nonsense. Stick to something you know about (which is not NASA's charter).
SLS does not equate to NASA. There is more to NASA than SLS.
Anyways, the SSME's are not worth saving.

Byeman said:
merriman said:

David

Unsubstantiated nonsense. Stick to something you know about (which is not NASA's charter).
SLS does not equate to NASA. There is more to NASA than SLS.
Anyways, the SSME's are not worth saving.

NASA, under the Obama administration, has been as faithful to its original charter as the Obama Justice Department has been even-handed and un-politicalized.

NASA, as with most of todays government agencies, is out of control -- It's a wasteful, undirected, political play-toy with no long-term plans or initiative (other than to keep white-collar administrators in well paying gigs till retirement time). No risk takers at NASA anymore -- that's why they continue to embrace ammunition as launchers.

If I'm not mistaken, SLS is very much a NASA project. A program that stands as an icon of that agencies looking-backwards philosophy.

However, Byeman, I appreciate your slavish loyalty to NASA. No matter what.

David

So good to know Astronautix is still with us, and with as high a quality articles as ever!

Thank you Mark!