Lo Model AT-3

tigercat2

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
At a recent swap meet, I picked up a 1/72 model of a Taiwan AT-3 trainer/light attack aircraft. This was an excellent model; I finished it as sort of "What IF" T-33 replacement.

I have never heard of this company before, or the aircraft, but I would like to purchase several more; this makes a great what if aircraft. Any idea where I can find 5 or 6 more of these kits?

Wes W.

DamifIknow. The best I can say is to check some Taiwanese hobby shops. I regulary monitor eBay, and I haven't seen one in ages. Good luck.

tigercat2 said:
At a recent swap meet, I picked up a 1/72 model of a Taiwan AT-3 trainer/light attack aircraft. (...) I have never heard of this company before, or the aircraft

That's because "Taiwan" is not the name of the company; it was actually AIDC. The aircraft was Taiwanese, BUT in fact a Northrop design, the N-351, a twin-engine version of their VT-XTS proposal for U. S. Navy.

Check this page: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15677.0/all.html

The thread covers the Northrop VTX-TS proposals (N-350, N-351), but also the Indonesian trainer and the Taiwanese AT-3, both direct derivatives of the VTX-TS design.

Thanks so much for this great info; if I can find more kits I will do one as a USN aircraft, perhaps another for the USAF with an F-16 like grey scheme and several others. Overall I thought it was a great kit.

Wes W.

Lo models also did 1/72 models of the T-CH-1 trainer, essentially a turboprop T-28. They also did 1/72 models of the Ching-Kuo fighter in single and two seat versions.

Thanks for the info on the other Lo models. I will check them out if I can find them.

Wes W.