A Boeing SST scale model ?

What Boeing SST would you prefer in scale model ?

• Boeing 2707-200

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Boeing 2707-300

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Boeing 2707-100

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

galgot

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
Hi,
I've been in early discussion with someone for making a Boeing SST scale model serie . We are still discussing which version to do.
I have a clear preference for the 2707-200 (VG wing-canards), but of course the -300 model (conventional Delta with stabs) would be easier to do, and some like that one too.
My idea about the possible -200 VG wing model would be to make it so that the modeler would have the possibility to place the wing in different positions, with two or three possible positions in the wing root slot. Don't know yet if this is feasible as we want to though...

Anyway, we are in very early discussion here, and I think here is a good place to see if there is any interest in a possible model, and of which version. Hence this small survey, please vote :) (for the -200 pleassssssse…;p )

Edit : added model -100 to the poll.

Who's this 'we' you speak of? A resin, GRP, vacuforming, or injection outfit?

David

Several 1/48 scale models of the F-111 and F-14 feature wings that are connected through the fuselage, and will move to a variety of positions.

You may wish to look into doing something similiar.

How do you plan to deal with the flaps and such?

I vote for the -100. Looks better without the canards.

merriman said:
Who's this 'we' you speak of? A resin, GRP, vacuforming, or injection outfit?

David

Thank you for your interest .
Would be Custom Replicas , aka Accurate Models :
http://www.customreplicas.com
here an example of what they do :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15546720@N08/1641627345/in/dateposted/
http://www.ninfinger.org/models/accuratemodels/f1box.html
Suppose it would be resin, metal.

regards.

jstar said:
Several 1/48 scale models of the F-111 and F-14 feature wings that are connected through the fuselage, and will move to a variety of positions.

You may wish to look into doing something similiar.

How do you plan to deal with the flaps and such?

I vote for the -100. Looks better without the canards.

Yes I know. And I don't know yet about the flaps and such, As I said we are in very early stage.
This poll is just to see if there is enough interest in a Boeing SST model being done, and what version attract the more interest...
It seems for now the preferred scale would be 1/144 (would be something like 27" long)
As for the -100, just included it for you in the poll. But I have more detailed documentation on the -200 and -300... hence started with these :)

An interesting proposal.
I assume you are talking about a kit like the Airfix Concorde in 1/144 rather than a built up model.
I would only be interested in a finished model.
The Boeing SST is quite well covered in 1/200 and 1/400 scale. Not sure how big the 1/144 kit market is these days.

Yes, it would be a model to assemble.
I think the Revell model is 1/200.
1/72 would be nice, but it would make a very big model with a price of the same proportion.
1/144 seems to be the favored choise among airliner modelers, and would still make a model of good size.