Russian AF Museum at Monino - At The Edge of Extinction

flateric

ACCESS: USAP
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Rumours of that were circulating for three years, and finally grim news came in...
http://www.lenta.ru/articles/2016/02/01/monino/

https://www.change.org/p/министерство-министру-обороны-рф-шойгу-сергею-кужугетовичу-за-сохранение-музея-ввс-в-монино

Monino exhibits that could not be transported to Kubinka and will be scrapped if everything willl go according to current RuMoD plans
via periskop

Attachments

• 332573_original.jpg
    332573_original.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 520
How could this be allowed to happen? What a tragedy ...

I wonder if I am being excessively cynical, or insufficiently cynical, to wonder if some Putin cronies will get some extra scratch by ramming this sort of thing through rather than taking the time to do it right.

I'm a bit (but not much sadly) surprised that they seemingly haven't tried to save the Mil V-12.

If this happens, it will be a national disgrace, and a tragedy for those interested in aerospace globally.
Some of those are unique airframes and designs. I'm completely baffled as to how this can actually even be considered in what is the worlds largest country in terms of area, with armed forces not exactly short of heavy lifting equipment.

Flateric, is their some kind of appeal or petition, even for those of us not Russian? I'm sure almost everyone on this forum would gladly sign it.

EDIT: I see Flaterics second post shows a petition. I urge members here to sign it, regardless of your nationality.

That picture of Flaterics really highlights the gargantuan size of the Mil V-12. It's massive.
How could anyone possibly even entertain scrapping that, the Bounder, and T-4??? :eek:

kaiserbill said:
EDIT: I see Flaterics second post shows a petition. I urge members here to sign it, regardless of your nationality.

Done. #8780.

Trident said:
kaiserbill said:

Done. #8780.

Signed; hopefully one of Putin's cronies realises at the 11th hour that there may be some money in proper preservation.