Hi to all, I have overstock of some models, so for the next 4 days i am offering them at MORE THAN 40% OFF.
EXCLUSIVELY for the:
- Boeing X-37, 1/48th scale, space control spaceplane in service with the Space Fighter section of the USAF (YES Sir !) (my most finely detailed kit, a dream for rivet counters, and they are all there, i have counted them
ONLY 42.98$ US. (Regular price 75.00$US)
- Lockheed SSTO Space Shuttle (Venture Star), 1/144th scale, the Single Stage To Orbit spaceplane which was supposed to replace the Space Shuttle and used the linnear aerospike engine.
ONLY 58.95 US (Regular price 98.95$US)
- NASA X-38 CRV, 1/48th scale, (another one of my best kits), the rescue/escape vehicle of the Internatioal Space Station which was going to replace the Soyuz (unfortunately cancelled because the aerospace lobby didn't like the idea that NASA was going back into design and building of manned space vehicles). I only have one left with the metal molded landing gear set (as i will no longer be offering hand cast metal parts, for my future X-38 kits i will redesign them with CAD and have the gear 3D printed, thus, future price hike, so take advantage of it, it's the last one and at an heavily reduced price !)
ONLY 39.98$ US. (Regular price 75.00$US)
- McDonnell FDL-7 Model 176, 1/100th, the military space shuttle which would have rotated the crews of the USAF MOL reconnaissance space station (that was just before the advent of the spy satellites, at the time MOL would have used astronauts to man the photographic equipment). The kit include the switch out wings which were used during landing. Like the Space Shuttle, Model 176 was essentially a glider, but a glider with a very high L/D ratio (Lift-to-drag-ratio), which meant it could pretty much land anywhere on Earth, compaired to the Space Shuttle, with its blunt shapes, which only have a very narrow landing footprint. The FDL-5 described below is also a spaceplane with a very high L/D ratio, which allowed it to perform maneuvers in the upper layers of the atmosphere (needed because of its anti-satellite mission) which were impossible to perform with the Space Shuttle.
ONLY 25.00$US (Regular price 59.00$US)
- Lockheed FDL-5 Combat Spacecraft, 1/100, the secret USAF spaceplane designed at the end of the 1960's, early 70's (a half-scale mock-up was built as well as several full size components made from refractory metals for the version A). The FDL-5 version i modeled was a manned spaceplane which was designed for satellite inspection and satellite destruction in similar manner to its predecessor, the X-20 Dyna-Soar. Revolutionnary in several aspects (aerodynamic concept and propulsion), the Lockheed FDL-5 used an annular aerospike engine with a traditional rocket engine embedded in it (probably a unique case for space vehicles), to offer greater performance and allow it to attain its goals with a smaller size vehicle/engine. Its engine used highly energetic slush fluorine. Various size prototypes of the annular aerospike AMPS engine were built and tested, including with fluorine, by Rocketdyne. (Decades later the aerospike made a re-appearance as a modified design, the linnear aerospike for the X-33 Venture Star project). 4 years 1/2 of research by Stratosphere Models were necessary to bring to light the secrets of the FDL-5 and reverse-engineer its shape to create the scale model only from the 3 photos publicly available and from the technical blueprints of the unmanned variant plus some other versions. Everything is explained in detail in the 10 pages of information included with each kit.
The Stratosphere Models FDL-5 kit have been described by some of my clients as "it looks like an injected model" (they were not far from the truth as i eventually DID build an injection mold for the FDL-5, but that was a few years later, and at the time i designed and molded my resin kit, i did not yet have any injection mold and i was still years away from CAD design and 3D printing). This kit is still one of the best kept secrets of the resin kit industry in terms of quality and all the research that went into it. I am not aware of any other company who dared to tackle the reverse-engineering of a classified spaceplane with only 3 photos available at the time and a few technical drawings of other variants and still get that close. I explain it all in the tech infos included with each FDL-5 kit.
ONLY 37.98$ US (Regular price 75.00$US)
The satellite-killer spaceplane designed by Lockheed Missiles and Space at the end of the 60's - early 70's.
4 YEARS 1/2 OF RESEARCH
THE PRECISE DIMENSIONS, PLUS OR MINUS A FEW CENTIMETERS
LENGHT: ABOUT 20 CM
THE KIT INCLUDE THE AUTHENTIC SECRET CIRCULAR AEROSPIKE AMPS-1 ENGINE FROM ROCKETDYNE !
THE RETRACTABLES VARIABLE GEOMETRY WINGS !
THE EXTERNAL DROP TANKS OF LIQUID FLUORINE AND HYDROGEN !
THE "MIST" NITROUS-OXYDE N2O4 ENGINE INCLUDED AS AN OPTIONNAL CHOICE !
EJECTION SEATS AND COCKPIT INTERIOR !
10 PAGES OF TECHNICAL AND HISTORICAL DATA AND HOW THE STRATOSPHERE MODELS KIT OF THE FDL-5 MA WAS PRECISELY CREATED FROM THE 3 ONLY PHOTOS AVAILABLE (AND FROM TECHNICAL DRAWINGS OF THE OTHER VARIANTS) !
HIGH QUALITY, LIMITED RUN, PRESSURE CAST POLYURETHANE MODEL
EXCLUSIVELY FROM STRATOSPHERE MODELS
STILL PARTLY CLASSIFIED (THIS VARIANT) 46 YEARS LATER
Quantities are very limited.
Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/product/XP5CBAZSX/rocket-booster-for-d-21-drone-spyplane-1-48th