Flying Wings: A Visual History of the Northrop XB-35 & YB-49

Firebee

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I just discovered this recent book. I don't yet have a copy, but I'm always keen to get more info on flying wings (I have your Luftwaffe wings book, Justo). This one appears to be aimed primarily at modelers, I guess. Either way, I though some of you may be interested as well.

Available directly from the publisher here:
https://daviddoylebooks.com/air/flying-wings-a-visual-history-of-the-northrop-xb-35-yb-49-flying-wings

Paperback 128 pages, over 260 photos.
ISBN: 978-0-9895547-7-0

Attachments

• VH-Flying+Wing+Cover-1.jpg
    VH-Flying+Wing+Cover-1.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 445
I have a copy, and it is an excellent photographic review of the program, particularly of the first XB-35, featuring many photos of the aircraft under construction and undergoing both ground and flight testing. There also are photos the interior spaces. Many of these come from the collection of Gerald Balzer. The later aircraft are covered more briefly, highlighting the differences with the prior aircraft. I think that it is outstanding value for money.

I echo gatoraptor's review. It has many excellent photographs of all models, showing under-construction, interior, ground and air-to-air shots. Plenty of information hidden in the captions. And the price is very decent. I am looking forward to the B-36 one which is about to be released.

I have it and it is very good. It is easily the best collection of pictures that I've yet seen of the aircraft, better even than Pape's "Northrop Flying Wings". The B-36 book is pretty good as well, although I found less in there that I didn't have in much more expensive references. For the price though, both of these books are the best photo archive you're going to get.