Unicraft 1/72 Avro Weapon System WS-606A

tancist

Scale modeller from Russia
Reaction score
Hello, here is my last finished model - AVRO Weapon System WS-606A. VTOL interceptor project from 1959. Offshoot from Project-9961 "Silverbug". Ordered by US Airforce, projected by Canada, model from Ukraine, built by russian modeller and spayed with UK Alclad enamels. Original plane never left drawing boards.

Unicraft resin kit, 1/72. You can see original parts below. I've met only one finished model of Avro-606A on internet, finished by Ishiduka Isao. I assume that makes me second guy in world with that disk thing in models shelf.

SO6qxth.jpg

utN16qA.jpg

aLpyeas.jpg

4Y6ysUe.jpg

fT7cJ8Y.jpg

5VfPzPF.jpg

xvEszPJ.jpg

SO6qxth.jpg

KAyZwl6.jpg

Hi tancist,great model,you have done a very impressive work on this one,i like it a lot,it is one of my favorite Avro models.

best regards

Pedro

Well done, not many will attempt to put a natural metal finish on a Unicraft kit ;D

Excellent effort on what appears to be a god-awful resin kit. You pulled this one out of the fire.

I'm fascinated with the work of John Frost, from which this design originated. Particularly with the fantastic radial flow gas turbine designed by AVRO, Canada (and which likely was the machinery within the saucer of the 606), and their latter work with gas turbine driven compressors feeding burner cans, generating the gas needed to make the Coanda effect work.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this type model work. Thanks.

David