Covert Shores: The Story of Naval Special Forces Missions and Minisubs

covert_shores

Research + illustration
Reaction score
Website
www.hisutton.com
WARNING: Shameless self promotion. Started new thread to give it the correct title

**UPDATED, May 2016**

g0gXlIB.jpg

2nd Edition Now available on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1533114870/ (also on UK and European Amazon sites)

Until now, the underwater craft employed by the World’s Special Forces have been known only to a select few. Covert Shores is the first complete and documented insight into the little-known world of the mini-subs, Swimmer Delivery Vehicles (SDVs) and other underwater vehicles used by the U. S. Navy SEALs, Special Boat Service, Spetsnaz and more. Operating under a blanket of secrecy, these craft have remained hidden and unrecorded in a way that no other class of military vehicles has.

Covert Shores reveals the craft, units, missions and tactics of this unseen world. Spanning from 1776 to the present day, and covering activities in many countries including US, Great Britain, Italy, Israel, Russia, France, Germany, Yugoslavia and Sweden, this book is filled with tales of the ingenuity, resourcefulness, experimentation and cunning of those involved in the design and operations of these expert craft. A must-read for all military enthusiasts.

276 pages 8.5"x11" full color with over 100 original color illustrations.

Foreword by Larry Bond of Harpoon and Red Storm Rising fame.

Thanks to the success snd interest in the current (Amazon-only) heavy paperback version I have been approached regarding a print run of a hardback edition to hit shop shelves as well as online distributors. It will be released under Nimble books in the near future.

Congratulations. Have you heard about this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-X-Men-Heroic-Underwater-1942-1945/dp/1784299936/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441335897&sr=1-1&keywords=the+real+x-men

Ed

Sounds interesting. WW2 is a much better covered section of the history than the Cold War part. Pity Covert Shores will have come out too recently to have been useful as a reference for his research into the less well know craft related to X-craft and Chariots.

covert_shores said:
Thanks to the success snd interest in the current (Amazon-only) heavy paperback version I have been approached regarding a print run of a hardback edition to hit shop shelves as well as online distributors. It will be released under Nimble books in the near future.

I just went to Amazon right now to buy a copy of your book and its sold out. Which is bad news for me but no doubt good news for you! Any info on when new copies (hard or card back) will be available?

I have my copy and I'm impressed. Still reading my way through, this isn't a book that you want to skim through for the pictures.

Well a month or two turned into... but, 2nd Edition is now on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/1533114870/

Substantially the same book but some additional information on some types, more illustrations etc. And of course some typos, formatting etc. A more polished book.
g0gXlIB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom