Stavatti Aerospace designations

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From Stavatti Aerospace's official website (a lot of high hopes and wishful thinking all over the site as no actual airframe has ever been produced so far)

SM-20
twin turboprop amphibian STOL transport (design commenced 1995)
SM-25 quad turbofan amphibian executive transport (design commenced 1996)
SM-26 Sleek, a demilitarized, civilian derivative of the military Machete (various designs studied since 1995)
SM-26J Turbofan Sleek sportjet with Williams International FJ44-4 engine
SM-26T Turboprop Sleek sport-turboprop variant powered by 1,200 SHP PT6A-67B
SM-26S Trace OE600A Superturbocharged V-8 powered variant
SM-27 Machete series of COunter-INsurgency/Close Air Support aircraft
SM-27S Turboprop Machete single-seat turboprop COIN/CAS aircraft
SM-27T Turboprop Machete two-seat tandem turboprop COIN/Advanced Trainer
SM-27J Turbofan Machete single-seat turbofan COIN/CAS aircraft
SM-27L Turbofan Machete two-seat tandem turbofan COIN/Advanced Trainer
SM-27UA CYBERPROP™ Unmanned/Autonomous Hunter-Killer for COIN/CAS/SEAD/FAC/RECON
SM-30 twin engine two seat turbofan advanced trainer (design commenced in 1996)
SM-33 Mamba single engine light weight fighter (design commenced in 1999)
SM-36 Stalma single seat, single engine, variable geometry air superiority Multi-Role Fighter (MRF) (design commenced in 1994)
SM-45 Aviara™ single engine 5 place lightplane (design commenced in 2004)
SM-45S 600 hp Trace OE600A superturbocharged V-8 powered
SM-45J Turbofan Aviara Williams FJ44 turbofan powered
SM-46 Super Sleek with Pratt & Whitney Canada PW307A
SM-47S Super Machete single-seat Forward Swept Wing Light Weight Fighter (design commenced in 2005)
SM-47T Super Machete two seat Forward Swept Wing Light Weight Fighter (design commenced in 2005)
SM-54 series of single engine Unmanned Combat Aircraft/Unmanned Cargo Aircraft (design commenced in 2002)
SM-54A UCAV for first-day-of-war Close Air Support (CAS), Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) and low observable precision strike
SM-54C Unmanned Cargo Aircraft (UCA)
SM-55 “Second Generation Program” developed from SM-54 series
SM-57 M-X LO VTOL Infiltration Transport (design commenced in 2003)
SM-60 Stanza twin engine turbofan Global Executive Jet regional airliner (design commenced in 2003)
SM-62 twin engine turbofan 8-12 passenger executive transport (design commenced in 2004)
SM-70 series of twin engine turboprop channel wing transport/ASW/regional airliner (design commenced in 2005)
SM-72 Advanced Air Mobility STOL Tactical Transport Aircraft Concept
SM-72A Tactical Airlift variant
SM-72HR Humanitarian Relief variant
SM-72CRT Combat Rescue Tanker variant
SM-72EC Airborne Battlefield Command and Control variant
SM-72AC Gunship variant
SM-72C Commercial Transport variant
SM-73 Rigel™ Anti-Submarine Warfare/Maritime Multi-mission Aircraft (ASW/MMA)
SM-74 Turboprop Regional Airliner (TRA)
SM-90 series of twin engine narrowbody commercial airliners (design commenced in 2006)
SM-100 series of 8 passenger supersonic executive transports (design commenced in 2007)
SM-150 Light Sport Aircraft
SM-282 next generation Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)

These were collected while browsing through the site. There may be more designations floating around I suppose...

http://www.stavatti.com/INDEX.html

Jemiba said:

Of course, the point is well-taken. Never said they were legit, in fact I even expressed suspicion in my post regarding the fact no hardware had ever been built. I simply made a list of their designs and posted it in the "Designation Systems" section, where I think it belongs...

Allow me refer to you to this post by Triton, which says it all as far as I'm concerned:

Triton, http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9308.msg85000.html#msg85000

Machdiamond said:
Fan art and other imaginary designations do not belong here, IMHO.

A matter of opinion I suppose. So long as it is from an incorporated company which has designed aircraft with the intention to have them produced, I can't see why it shouldn't belong here... but in the end it will be up to the mods to decide what to do with this topic. The history of aviation is ripe with fledgling or startup companies that planned to get designs produced but never got them off the drawing board for lack of financing or various misfortunes. Yet their designs are sometimes interesting and would have made great aircraft had they been produced. Not all unbuilt designs are lousy or unrealistic, and many built designs also turned out to be lame ducks...

No please, this is 100% fantasy and it is not an opinion. Deleting this thread would be the minimum secretprojects could do to maintain the high standards that most appreciate here.
Jemiba's concluding post on the other thread discussing it is excellent.

I have recently corresponded with Christoper Beskar - I have been watching the Stavatti website for years with a certain amount of humorous curiosity. In my opinion he is sincere, but a fantasist - they produce a lot of web content but little aircraft engineering. Our conversation ended when I asked for some technical details on the light sport aircraft they say they are developing now. I did not get any response after that request.

My opinion is that he just has no filter between his conceptual design and his website and compulsively externalizes all of his ideas - good and bad - so you end up with the Stavatti website. I do not think there is any malicious intent.