Arado E 555.7.....

Jemiba said:
Well, gery, the question with regards to Horten designs and RCS isn't conclusively answered still yet,
though National Geographic invested a lot of money in their "answer"
(see http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5851.0.html ).
And the use of irony sometimes is hard to recognise, so that a post can easily be misunderstood.
A clarification would be a good idea, I think.

hi jemiba,

i agree with you..."is hard to recognise" the work of "nazi enginers"...and why...because all country around the world use this technology in their weapons...

the USA can realy thanks the hortens brothers...they works directly for skunk works....and now for dassault with neuron...

nazi made the first real stealth plane, designed the modern radar ...and they don't know about rcs..??? are you really serious..??lol
i think that i spend my time with you....

this render of arado..is just a cg pics..and all of your sketchs (and the luft 46 sketchs ) are not accurates and undetailled (and maybe a fakes)...

Attachments

• Ho229_gro.jpg
    Ho229_gro.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
gery said:
nazi made the first real stealth plane, designed the modern radar ...and they don't know about rcs..??? are you really serious..??lol
i think that i spend my time with you....

this render of arado..is just a cg pics..and all of your sketchs (and the luft 46 sketchs ) are not accurates and undetailled (and maybe a fakes)...

Removed the images I posted here earlier to the Early Aircraft Projects thread on the E 555. In summary, the Arado E 555-7 was a concept only, intended to show how defensive weaponry might be fitted to a nurflugel-type bomber and still achieve a 4000km+ range. It had two roughly 4m-long BMW 018 engines on its upper side and one more on its underside. To the rear, between the upper engines, was a pressurised compartment for a third crewman to control four guns. To the front, there was one fixed forward-firing gun on either side of the crew cabin. There was no upper turret. There was no provision for on-board radar.

Just a comment about the RCS.

Wasn't it the designer of the F-117/B2... Former engineer on the SR-71/Lockheed I believe (Did the design work on the engine intake cones)

Who came across the original Russian mathematician's work on radar geometry that had been done in something like the 50's? And they realized how to apply the theory to engineering and design?

Just something I kind of remember reading in the gentle man's autobiography on his work/time in the aeronautical industry.

Sorry I can't be clearer than that but perhaps it'll give people an angle to reply about the RCS thing, not wanting to add a rail into an otherwise amazing thread.

Cheers

newsdeskdan said:
I don't much appreciate being called a liar. I would have left you to your art and your opinions, to which you are entitled, but I thought you might appreciate some input from original research, given your stated aim of attempting to create the most accurate possible model.
Be as rude as you like but I would hope that the other members of this forum would look at the evidence I have presented and make up their own minds as to the accuracy of your model.

I wouldn't worry too much. They have. Most of us before you even responded. It's probably also best that in a forum such as this that the "what-if" aspects are clearly and specifically delineated, and in that regard you represent a valuable resource to us all.
It's also a shame that this thread went from an interesting art project to slightly off-balance ranting because gery is clearly quite talented and enthused. An accurate depiction of the -7 might be rather more valuable and interesting to the community than the current "what-if" (though I find those interesting, too!).