RC Model built by SAAB Engineer

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

from SAAB memory or archive as Google translate,here is two little known projects,
one was a delta wing manned aircraft,and the other was a radio-controlled delta
wing aircraft,did anyone hear about them before ?.

https://larsan13.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/upplevt-pa-sistone/

Attachments

• SAAB.jpg
    SAAB.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 318
  • deltavingen_skarpnc3a4ck.jpg
    deltavingen_skarpnc3a4ck.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 315
I can't offer anything specific but looking at the picture of the model (and the apparent construction techniques on display), it would appear to be very old. Also, it doesn't look as 'polished' as one might expect from a major aerospace company... (having said that, I've seen some appallingly shoddy test RPV platforms over the years ;) )

Hi Shedefdread,

I add the source,maybe that's more helpful.

I'm not sure the RPV delta is a SAAB project. From what little sense I can make of the translated original, it was something the writer of that blog built himself. A native Swedish speaker may be able to make more sense of it all, though...

I think 'linstyrnings-stuntmodellen' means line-controlled stunt model. What I understand from the text is that it was built by the author - was a total failure - had nothing to do do with SAAB.

It seems from the Google translation of the text that this is a post by a former engineer (probably SAAB)

1) The scan of a drawing this engineer did (while at university?) on the back of a large timetable sheet from university. He only used this paper because it was conveniently large to draw on, but means he has a list of staff and classes he is sharing for anyone who went to university with him. It was hard to scan due to size.

2) a photo of a RC model aircraft he built at university which didn't fly.

Nothing indicates either is a Saab design, if he'd done the drawing while working for Saab he'd hardly have needed to reuse a university timetable.

My dear Paul,

I thought it was from SAAB itself,sorry for this mistake,it was a work done by a former engineer in
SAAB company as you said.

Attachments

• stunt_delta_ritningar.jpg
    stunt_delta_ritningar.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 332
hesham said:
My dear Paul,

I thought it was from SAAB itself,sorry for this mistake,it was a work done by a former engineer in
SAAB company as you said.

Hi,

also there is a light aircraft project.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 178
The shown structure rather looks like another model aircraft to me.