Tony Buttler Request - photos needed: SNCAC NC 1070 and NC 271

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All. Can I ask if anyone on the forum could supply me please with high resolution scans (300dpi-600dpi depending on size) of the following French prototypes? 1. NC 1070 piston fighter. 2. NC 271 scale model test aircraft either flying, or on top of its mother aircraft (I have a shot of the type on display at Le Bourget). This is for X-Planes of Europe Vol II. Despite the efforts of a lot of very helpful folk, I have struggled to find shots of these two. If yes, please send them via Paul. Many thanks indeed. Best wishes to you all. Tony.

My dear Tony Buttler,

here is a photo to NC.271 Model over its mother aircraft,in flying position.

Attachments

• img559.jpg
    img559.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 245
Yes my dear Paul,

that's the source,I will try to find the NC.1070 piston engine fighter in flying position.

Attachments

• Centre NC.1070.01.jpg
    Centre NC.1070.01.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 27
http://xplanes.free.fr/so4000/so4000-1.htm

Attachments

• nc271_02.jpg
    nc271_02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 26
  • nc271_03.jpg
    nc271_03.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 31
Le Fana d'Aviation featured a 2-part article about the SNCAC NC.1070/1071 in
1977. Maybe it's useful to contact the publisher.

Jemiba said:
Le Fana d'Aviation featured a 2-part article about the SNCAC NC.1070/1071 in
1977. Maybe it's useful to contact the publisher.

Which issues?

N° 89 and 90 (04 and 05/1977).

Hi Paul!

There have been certain pages about this two aircraft in the comprehensive Jean Cuny book "Les Avions de Combat Francais" (vol.2) - including the photos and line drawings.
If you interested - let me knew via PM.
It would be a pleasure to help in the edition of good book.

Silencer1 said:
There have been certain pages about this two aircraft in the comprehensive Jean Cuny book "Les Avions de Combat Francais" (vol.2) -

That would mean contacting the publisher Éditions Larivière, as the photos in the mentioned
book are certainly too small for being used, not to mention probable legal problems ..

You are right, dear Jemiba!

I only offered made a preview of already published photos and drawings, as references.
Don't have any intensions to disrupt any copyrights of books' publishers.
From other hand, if a small preview of such images could be allowed in this forum - I would be happy to post them.

French postwar combat aircraft took a long a complex road to develop really good and famous types, put in series production, along as many prototypes - remaining in sole example. In my humble opinion, they all deserve to be covered in new books and magazines.

Indeed, to me, too, postwar French aviation is a very interesting them, so it's great, that
we can look for Tonys book now.
We had the NC.1070 - 72 here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9789.0.html
(just moved it to the postwar section, as it only came to fruition after the war), so
feel free to add no information.
Cunys "Les Avions de Combat Francais" still are amongst the standard references to my opinion,
but the reproduction of photos on the dull paper is often quite small. And I had to recognise, that
even in bigger reproductions the level of detail sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. I once could
compare a photo in Fayers "Les Prototypes De L'aviation Francaise" with the original one ...