Model of XM 803 tank

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
These lads made this model for me and offer them to others

http://www.modelbuffs.com/index.php?page=final&cat=tan&id=6700&no=1

It is finished in 70s US verdant camo. As far as I know noone has made a model of this version of the MBT 70.

It is obviously not as accurate as a scratchbuilt kit but it has a nice period feel and is the sort of freebe that a Congressman would have got back in the day.

Thanks for the website! Since he's a friend of yours, could you tell us how he chooses the scale of his models? They seem all over the place, with several models in the same category being is close but not the same scales. Some are also close to, but not, modeller's scales. The 1/78 Avro Arrow sounds suspiciously similar to the old Aurora Arrow.

Kim

The models are made to suit the customer. If you want a certain scale they will do it for you. The XM803 was made for me (originally I planned it as a present for someone but....) from drawings I got from Hunnicutt and the scale was 1/35 to go with the Dragon KPZ 70 model which came out after I had the XM803 done and is why I decided to keep it.

The work is done in the Phlippines and the service is friendly and they will redo things if you dont like them.

uk 75