Anti-strategic ICBM technology

Bgray

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Since the end of SDI and the focus on intercepting shorter ranged missiles, I haven't heard much about this. But, with the problems in the Ukraine it might be time to revisit anti-ICBM systems. So has their been any work done on them or any sources I might peruse?

See "GBI", "KEI", "MKV". BTW, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an ICBM that isn't a strategic weapon.

Brilliant Pebbles started out as part of the SDI, but continued as a stand alone project (as GPALS) well into the 1990s after the SDI office was dissolved. Unfortunately the Clinton administration never had any real intention of deploying it.

Grey Havoc said:
Brilliant Pebbles started out as part of the SDI, but continued as a stand alone project (as GPALS) well into the 1990s after the SDI office was dissolved. Unfortunately the Clinton administration never had any real intention of deploying it.

Perhaps because it wouldn't have worked and, afterall, the fUSSR had been defeated...

sferrin said:
See "GBI", "KEI", "MKV". BTW, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an ICBM that isn't a strategic weapon.

Uh, well it depends on whether or not you would classify a prompt global strike missile weapon as "tactical", due to size of effect. Though a PGS with the flat glide portion does lose the B in ICBM...