Unusual German model on ebay

sienar

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
This might be nothing more then a generic display model of an aircraft an not meant to represent an actual type. The landing gear certainly looks tacked on and points to it being an amateur model, but the other features are interesting.

The seller thinks Dornier but the tail screams Gunter brothers. The seller also labels it with a 1940 date.

The small engine nacelles and large intake just above the cockpit area may indicate a fuselage mounted engine with props driven by extension shaft.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/alte-org-Foto-Kampfflugzeug-als-Modell-Dornier-1940-als-Modell-/381145840817?pt=Fotografien_Fotokunst&hash=item58be0ffcb1

Attachments

• hu878i7.JPG
    hu878i7.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 87h87h87.jpg
    87h87h87.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 437
Nacelles, tail, landing gear and, with the exception of that step in the nose, remind me of
a He 111 with severely deranged proportions. The prop blade as a stand says "art" to my
opinion. Maybe a prestigious statue in the entrance hall of an aviation supplier ? Too much
clinging to a specific aircraft/manufacturer may not have been wanted then.

I agree, it seems like a Heinkel He111. The step is puzzling...

It seems to be something is painted on the nose
and the black dot on the tailfin to hide? a symbol..

the E-bay seller say Dornier model

It's look like early prototype of Do 17 V 1
That start in 1932 as Heerswaffenamt as fast airliner to also for military use (bomber)

source:
Heinz J. Nowarra "Die deutsche Luftrüstusng 1933 1945"
page 179

Orionblamblam said:
With a little bit of tinkering with brightness and contrast, some details pop out.

Congratulation, you dit it.
First time since i read this forum, i fell out my chair laughing hysterical...

It seems, that there's a general agreement, that this isn't an actual aircraft type.
Great work, Scott, but "insane asylum" quite probably isn't PC, is it ? ;)
What's about "conditionally voluntary accomodation for psychological challengees" ?

Orionblamblam said:
Jemiba said:
Great work, Scott, but "insane asylum" quite probably isn't PC, is it ? ;)

Nut house? Looney bin? Congress?

no something much worse, "the mountains of Madness" aka "Kingdoom of Belgium"

back to topic
so far i know the D0 17 R&D started as Airliner(Bomber) design in 1932, but became after 1933 a pure Bomber project.
That model show similar landing gear and engine pods like Do 17 but bigger fuselage for passengers seats.
while the Do 17 V1 has much narrow fuselage od it use as bomber