Forum Donations

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I fixed the donations button on the site - its been broken for a while.

Its been more than 2 years since we had a donation drive and funds are starting to run down.

You can use PayPal to simply npay with a credit card -- you don't have to give them any other personal information beyond the usual for a card transaction.

I thought it too, but instead of just a card data they want my full address, valid e-mail and valid telephone number. That is too much personal data for just a simple money transfer, given to the private company based on the different continent that is regulated by a significantly different legislative. And far more data that is needed for a regular bank transfer. But of course, this is just my personal opinion. Who is not concerned as me, he should use PayPal because then it is much easier for Paul to manage the funds.

Let this discussion be an inspiration - if you have some free money to spare, this week is a good week for a small donation.

Card billing address and phone number are pretty much the standard for any online credit card usage, anywhere. It's not unique to PayPal at all.

We have enough funds for another 6 months at present.

This Christmas will see the 10th anniversary of the forum and I am planning some big changes.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
We have enough funds for another 6 months at present.

This Christmas will see the 10th anniversary of the forum and I am planning some big changes.
WOW - 10 years - How cool is that! It's already a great forum - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." LOL - do what you have to do, Paul - I know it'll be cool. -SP