Hendy 3.303

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
In Les Ailes of 1 June 1933 are details of a monoplane design hitherto unknown to me, the Hendy 3.303. Has anyone else come across any reference to this unfulfilled project?

My dear Avion,

it was mentioned here;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1435.msg224940.html#msg224940

Thank you, Hesham. Regrettably both this site's search engine and google produced a nil response when, before initiating this thread, I searched against Hendy 3.303.

avion ancien said:
Thank you, Hesham. Regrettably both this site's search engine and google produced a nil response when, before initiating this thread, I searched against Hendy 3.303.

Searching designations made up of only numbers can be tricky. Sometimes it's good to try adding quotes (" ") and see what happens.

Also, make sure that you select the "Entire forum" and not just "This topic" or "This board", which are often pre-selected by default.

Depite the use of "Hendy 3.303" in Les Ailes, Hendy 3303 would be more in line with Henderson/Parnall practice (although that zero can be tricky ;) )

Hi,
I found a small clipping from Zeitschrift für Flugtechnik und Motorluftschiffahrt bd.24 (1933), see below.
We can infer from this clipping that the Hendy 3303 was described in Flight 11 May 1933 (no.1272). Amazingly, this issue is not available on Flight's website, where the first half of year 1933 is missing.
Adrien

Attachments

• hendy_3303_ZfM_bd.24.jpg
    hendy_3303_ZfM_bd.24.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 156