F-15 stealth fighter concept

pedrospe

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi everyone,i was surfing the web today,looking for some f-15 silent eagle pictures,and came across this fictional concept for a stealth f-15.

And you might want to slope the aft section of the vertical stabilizers...

stealthflanker said:
The inlet can use some boundary layer diverter.

It looks like it is using DSI (take note of the "bumps" in the inlets). However, all DSI that I've seen on real aircraft have had forward-swept inlet cowls. I don't know if an aft-swept cowling as seen here would work or not. Anyone more knowledgable on inlet design have any input on that?

aren't the 2 conformal weapon bays too big and the drag prohibitive? Otherwise a nice concept.

I think the conformal weapons bays, are as big as the ones on the F-15E or new the F-15 Silent eagle,althought,on this concept they look stealthier and have a different design,and looks like they could carry more missiles.

best regards

Pedro

Kryptid said:
It looks like it is using DSI (take note of the "bumps" in the inlets). However, all DSI that I've seen on real aircraft have had forward-swept inlet cowls. I don't know if an aft-swept cowling as seen here would work or not. Anyone more knowledgable on inlet design have any input on that?

It need to be forward swept because the "bump" Will break down the boundary layer.. and let it flow away from inlet. Or that's what i understand.

20120218110258_3.jpg

With such F-22 like inlet.. I don't think the bump will work.