Breguet 941S STOL transport info sort

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
G’day gents
I’m looking for some information pertaining to the Breguet 941S STOL transport design of the 1960’s.
I’m having issues finding information in relationship to the size (dimensions) of its cargo-hold. Does anyone have these dimensions?
Also out of curiosity, I’m trying to ascertain what the Breguet 941S could best compared to in terms of other transport/cargo designs, in terms of actual cargo/lift capability?
Also would anyone have a high resolution profile blank/drawing of the Breguet 941S?
Your input would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Pioneer

Attachments

• ('What If') Operationaly worn-out Breguet 941S STOL transport (2).jpg
    ('What If') Operationaly worn-out Breguet 941S STOL transport (2).jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 155
According to Jean Cunys "Les Avions Breguet", the cargo hold was 10.9 m long, 2.45 m wide
and 2.25 m high. Those data were given for the Br.941, but there weren't changes with regards
to those dimension in the 941S, I think.
The attached drawing, showing the 941S and a side view of the 941, has a resolution of 2000
x 2800 in my scan, can sent it via mail, if it's helpful.

Attachments

• Seite-141.JPG
    Seite-141.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 151
In terms of empty and loaded weights, the 941S was a bit bigger than a DHC Buffalo and not far off a C-123 Provider or a Dash 7 - maybe the Flight archive would cough up a payload-range chart. The weights also line up closely with a V-22 except that the 941S had a far bigger cabin (Chinook size) and half the installed power.

It was a pretty neat concept - pretty close to a soccer-field capability and (unlike any VSTOL so far) able to carry more than infantry. However, it was one of a number of projects to be cancelled or cut back in the wake of the 1968 crisis in France. Even today I suspect that many of the world's SOF airlift wings would like a few of them.

Thank you gentlemen.
Your knowledge and assistance has been most helpful!

Regards
Pioneer

Back
Top Bottom