Junkers Projects and Prototypes of WW II

raravia

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Gracias Antonio and Paul

I would like to buy this book you mention " giants of the sky" do you know if it´s possible to find it or is out of print?

saludos

Fabián

Reading the highly interesting Luftwaffe over America from Manfred Griehl (I discovered that Luftwaffe was never a real threat to CONUS but I was much impressed rading the introduction: Prussian Dreams of Conquering the New World. A delight for our folks at the Whatifmodelers forum)

Well I found this unknown project for me

PG 168

On 3 July 1943, the RLM has discussed an aircraft wanted by Hitler which was an unarmoured two-seater with a large radius of action and able to fly at 15,000 m. As a result, Junkers submitted plans for an extended Ju-188 airframe with enlaged wings and propelled by four BMW 801J. A speed of 700 Km/h at 14,000 was offered. As, in the opinion of Fliegerstab engineer Friebel, the conversion costs would be too high, the design was not proceeded with.

Anybody can post drawings of this super spy plane? :eek:

Junkers was not to be outdone and now came up with the Ju-488, a machine made from cannibalised parts of the Ju 388, Ju 88 A-15 and Ju 288 C-0. All unmodified pertinent material was gathered up at Bernburg and sent by rail to France for assembly by Latécoère, Breguet and SNCA Sudest.

And finally,

on Internet,someone had a site and said that;he
owned a drawing to Junkers Ju-382,I will search
again about that site.

hesham said:
And finally,

on Internet,someone had a site and said that;he
owned a drawing to Junkers Ju-382,I will search
again about that site.
http://www.utdallas.edu/library/collections/speccoll/hacpdf/Man.pdf
(on google)
description:JU-382. JU-388. 9. Junkers (German). K16. Miscellaneous. Mistel. T26. W33/34. 10. Kaman Aircraft Corporation. Annual Reports. Corporate History. ... ::)
but it's only a list in pdf format ! :-\

For me it's the Ju 352 (only 5 giving 8 by easy mistake on the list ...)

I agree with richard, that it probably is just a typo, had a look into the projects list from
Wagner "Hugo Junkers, Pionier der Luftfahrt - seine Flugzeuge" and there's no Ju 382.
But we can discuss, if the Ju 352 or the Ju 322 was meant ... ;)

We can do that indeed Gentlemen..
But please in an other thread...
Thanks.

Raravia might also be interested in the book i posted in reply to the Richard Vogt query: It contains the only known extant photograph of the Ju322 Mammut glider, designed as a contender to the Me321 Gigant. It was a bit of a complete failure though.

Hitler's Luftwaffe (3rd. Impression, 1979)
Tony Wood & Bill Gunston
Salamander Books [ISBN 0-86101-005-1]

[N.B. I would have included an image, but that would have entailed scanning in an image from the book; and i'm a bit iffy about possible copyright infringements that that may incur. Any hints on that matter?]

That's a nice book Bodmas. If raravia is interested, even a Spanish edition exists. The Ju-322 scan comes from it.

Attachments

• Ju 322.jpg
    Ju 322.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,193
Hi,

I can't ID those two Junkers aircraft,the design of 1910 was repeated twice,
I can't define !.
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20010013825_2001012795.pdf

Attachments

• Junkers 1.JPG
    Junkers 1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 485
  • Junkers 2.JPG
    Junkers 2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 460
Hello

The 1945 design is the Junkers EF 230 (?),designed by Prof.Dr.Ing Hertel.After the war ,he worked at Sud-Est in France where he designed similar flying wings .(S.E 1800& S.E1801among others)
The "1910" design come from the famous Junkers patent showing a "flying wing"
Cheers

Richard

My dear Jens,
I know the JUNKERS ef 112 twin boom, push pull,
attack aircraft projects, but could you tell us more
about the ef 112 zweistrahliges kamfflugzeug of
which we could see photo above ?
THANKS....

Sorry, in the mentioned book it is just described as "zweistrahliges Kampfflugzeug"
(twin engine bomber), for which no other documents could be found. The list of the
EFo/EF is said to be sketchy, and it surely contains errors, as we just have seen
with the EF 50, its description in that book as "maybe a racing or record aircraft"
(at least expressing doubts) quite clearly is wrong. And in another paragraph it is
stated, that sometimes several designation were used for just one model (as an
example the EF 62/63 is given, which was designated as EF 128, too). And I know
the EF 112 from the Luft'46 site. But if submitted at the end of 1942, its number
wouldn't have been in a line with the other EF-designated models at all, because
the change from the older EFo- to the EF-designation probably came in 1942 and
the EF 55 already is from 1942/43. So the EF 112 should have been considerably
later.

@ Tophe: hard to tell, who's right, but your interpretation has the advantage, that the part
of the nacelles forward of the leading edge would be more exactly above the CG, if
tilted upwards. so, I think about rethinking my drawing .

Jemiba said:
"It's clear that Junkers designers was heavily impressed by the SIAI S-55 configuration"

Don't know, who was impressed by whom. AFAIK, the S.55 was from 1924 and given the then
standard times for designing and development, it's development may well have started, after
Hugo Junkers had published his "Junkerissime" designs. ???

"How about the Junker Ju EF 112 and Ju 635"

The Ju 635 was a twin made of to Do 335, so not an true Junkers design and not really a twin
boomer. The EF 112 is shown in "Hugo Junkers. Pionier der Luftfahrt - seine Flugzeuge" as a
twin jet bomber.
But I talking about another EF 112.This one not to be confused with Ju EF 112 like you said

Attachments

• gmj12-9.jpg
    gmj12-9.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 846
Junkers EF.115 was the single fuselage version of the EF.112
from
-Die Luftwaffe Projecte der deutschen luftrüstung-Band 1 , by Ingolf Meyer 2004
-Luft 46 by Gino Marcomini

Attachments

• Escanear0002.jpg
    Escanear0002.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,121
Saved from an old split topic, this picture of a Junkers/DFS flying wing bomber project:

Attachments

• DFS.JPG
    DFS.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 554
Hi,

what was that Junkers twin fuselage project ?.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ar&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ju-f13.de%2Findex.html

Attachments

• Junkers twin fuselage.jpg
    Junkers twin fuselage.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 477
A few profiles that might help.
P

Attachments

• JuEF128:6.jpg
    JuEF128:6.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 808
  • JuEF128:5.jpg
    JuEF128:5.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 821
  • JuEF123:2.jpg
    JuEF123:2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 858
  • JuEF123:1.jpg
    JuEF123:1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 926
Hi all. In this post-war picture, taken in Brunolf Baade's office (in Dessau or maybe in Podberzhe), we can see German engineers talking about the EF-131 bomber, a plan of which is on the table. They are Bockhaus, Wolf, Wocke, Haselof, Baade, Freundel and Hoch.
But the most interesting detail for me is the little model on the right (enclosed in the red circle). Is this the EF-128?

Attachments

• Baade1.jpg
    Baade1.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 782
Hi,

also the little know Junkers designations,such as Ju-356,a reserved design for
further development of Fieseler Fi.156,also Ju-337,which was unknown project,
and I found from long time ago,the Ju-267,but for the later,I don't know if it was
a misprint or right design.

My dear Hesham,

can you please develop your last post, e.g. on sources and project details?

Interesting. What happened to the J.P.Eisfeld company?

It became VEB Pyrotechnik Silberhütte in the GDR.

Apophenia said:
... So, the Jumo 226 (intended for the production-version EF 126 Miniaturjäger) was pulse jet not a ram jet.

So probably being part of the problem, as the tests with the Me 328 with pulse jets showed. Level of
vibration was acceptable for a missile like the V1, although probably a lot of those glitches and falures,
that plagued it, were triggered by them. But for a manned fighter it was too high.

My dear Jemiba,

a lot vibrations is a big problem with many new designs,take example,the Bell/Boeing
V-22 Osprey and one reason for its fall,the vibrations,specially in take off and landing
operations.

Hi,

here is the original drawing to EF.126 project,but fitted with two under-wing motors,
I can' ID them,pulse-jet,ramjet or rocket engines,also a recent Model based on that
paint,who can help ?.

Flugzeug Classic 3/2003.

Attachments

• 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 650
Hi Hasan
From Flitzerart.com

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 1,371
The drawing is said to be an original manufacturers drawing !
About those underwing pods, I agree with Grey, they quite probably jettisonable
take-off rockest, as the pulse jets needed assistance.

From Aeronautique journal 1920,

here is a Junkers giant twin boom aircraft project,it had a 110m of span and 42m long,I never saw like it before.

Attachments

• Junkers twin boom.png
    Junkers twin boom.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 1.png
    1.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.png
    2.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Still looking for that elusive twin fuselage Junkers competitor to the Bv 138 :( .