Boeing hypersonics, 1988

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
I just bought a pile o'stuff on ebay. Mostly it's Boeing jetliner stuff, but there's one Boeing report from '88 that stands out. I imagine from the title that the contents of the report won't add much to the cover illustrations, but even those are pretty interesting.

Attachments

• ebay 2014-10-18.JPG
    ebay 2014-10-18.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 894
Indeed! NASP-D looks interesting? I wonder how that powerplant was supposed to function...

Anyway - thanks for the ongoing research.

My dear Scott,

I have a PDF report in my files,it has exactly those drawings,but hard to find now,I will
search about it.

Orionblamblam said:
Probably. However, "Derivative" might apply as well.

Is that an inlet on "Recon 6"?

Orionblamblam said:
Looks like. Looks a lot like Kingfish, in fact.

Perhaps a cross between Kingfish and something like LoFlyte?

The document finally arrived today. Much to my surprise, it actually has good diagrams of the various vehicles, with dimensions (but not much on performance, as the subject is on structural testing). A rare win.

As it turns out, it's "NASP - Demonstrator."

The high speed transport is meant for Mach 4.5 cruise.

The Recon-6 is a Mach 6 hydrogen fueled vehicle with no resemblance to Kingfish. But it *does* resemble the Boeing 1074-006 hypersonic interceptor:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5906.msg47890.html#msg47890

The resemblance is not surprising... "Recon-6" is Model 1074-0019C.

bobbymike said:
They're back

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4619226/Boeing-promises-hypersonic-passenger-planes-DECADE.html

Does it come with an antimatter fueled transwarp drive too? :-\

I bet they have to wind that elastic band real tight.

Attachments

• boeing-military-airplane-blueprints_1_7769d603d002d045d91b515b5188e6f7 (2).jpg
    boeing-military-airplane-blueprints_1_7769d603d002d045d91b515b5188e6f7 (2).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 271
Only slightly. Ahem... What were those people really working on? Bit by bit, it starts to appear.

Hi!
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/boeing-nasa-unclassified-hypersonic-1791224655

"Really cool book, not sure if it has a missing cover or not. Pages are complete.My grandfather was a Boeing stress and fatigue engineer for over 40 years. He collected a mass of blue prints, classified and un-classified documents, booklets, manuals, magazines and newspapers. Some of these things are from projects he worked on. Original designs, equations ect. He worked on NASA projects, to the B2 bomber, and the 777. He designed landing gear on planes like the 767. He worked on many military projects and top secret. Some of these items are unique and maybe quite impossible to find. Very cool stuff. It is amazing the amount of information that is passing away with his generation.UNLESS OTHER WISE MARKED I WILL COMBINE SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE WINS.PLEASE CHECK OUT ALL MY OTHER LISTINGSGOOD LUCK BIDDING!"

Attachments

• Boeing HST.JPG
    Boeing HST.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 114
  • temperature distribution.JPG
    temperature distribution.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 93
  • cover.JPG
    cover.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 85
  • introduction.JPG
    introduction.JPG