This new version of simple machines forum is terrible!!

It's not red on my screen... it's brown(ish). And I like it myself, even wrote the admin to say so!
Apart from this and the fact that we can now see more topics in the list thanks to the "started by..." mention below the topic's title, I can't see much that has changed...

It seems I inadvertently removed some customisation from the existing forum during a test migration to a new forum system a few days ago. Will try to fix. Affected items noted so far is the fill size image display and search scope options as well as the mobile theme.

Looks like the "Recent Posts" section might be broken too. Last update was yesterday (though this morning more recent posts were showing there).

One more thing I've noticed: the browsing function that enables to move from one attachment to the next by clicking on left/right arrows is no longer active.

Yes that was done by the add-on for full size image display so its the same problem.

I make use of the unread posts since last visit feature a lot and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. Did something recently change in the format of the entries? Maybe now the authors names are bolded instead of the subject? In any case I'm finding them harder to read. Not terrible, just noticeable.

DSE said:
I make use of the unread posts since last visit feature a lot and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. Did something recently change in the format of the entries? Maybe now the authors names are bolded instead of the subject? In any case I'm finding them harder to read. Not terrible, just noticeable.

In the old version, the name of the person who started the topic appeared as an extra line in the second column, above the number of replies. In this new one, the mention "Started by" with the name and the date appears below the topic's title. It makes each entry less high, and therefore allows for more entries in one single page... However, as you rightly said, the bold type on the member's name kind of clutters the view. I guess this particular line should be in smaller type and/or a little further away from the left so that the title shows better.

I like all the new changes. Overscan is doing an awesome job! Thank you.

Skyblazer said:
DSE said:

In the old version, the name of the person who started the topic appeared as an extra line in the second column, above the number of replies. In this new one, the mention "Started by" with the name and the date appears below the topic's title. It makes each entry less high, and therefore allows for more entries in one single page... However, as you rightly said, the bold type on the member's name kind of clutters the view. I guess this particular line should be in smaller type and/or a little further away from the left so that the title shows better.

Maybe it's just me, but why bold the OP's name? I don't get the need/desire for this. In my mind the Subject is the most pertinent piece of info. Just a thought. I do agree the ability to see more subjects on a given page a positive step in general.

Please note....

THE SITE IS SLIGHTLY BROKEN. NO CHANGES WERE INTENDED TO BE MADE.

I am testing new forum software separately, but will try to restore current forum to a more usable state.

DSE said:
Maybe it's just me, but why bold the OP's name? I don't get the need/desire for this. In my mind the Subject is the most pertinent piece of info.

Totally agree.

Nah, changes are OK.

Just noticed a new 'feature'; in the past clicking on an attachment opened that attachment in a little window (that one could click backwards and forwards, very nice); now it wants to download the attachment to me 'ard drive; wassup doc?

Running a Mac.

Is it a setting thingamajig I have to change somewhere?

The only observation from me is that the longer threads (40+ pages) seem to take and age to load whether you select 'Unread' items or All.

I don't remember noticing that before.

Prevously the pages loaded quickly, but the images sometimes took a while to render (making the screen jump a bit if you were at the end!).

THE SITE IS SLIGHTLY BROKEN. NO CHANGES WERE INTENDED TO BE MADE. SOME TWEAKS TO FORUM WERE LOST ACCIDENTALLY.

NO FEEDBACK is solicited about the "changes", and site will be fixed this weekend, work and family commitments permitting.