The Ultimate Flying Wings of the Luftwaffe by Justo Miranda

theponja

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Justo is giving us another wonderful book looking to the luft46 subject ( sorry if I'm double posting but I didn't find any post about this one) :

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Flying-Wings-Luftwaffe/dp/1781553726

You can see the list of contents and several drawings in this post thanks to Justo generosity:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6588.15.html

I've to say then only think I'd like to add to Justo works is the posibility to acces the diagrams in electronic form. Because when I've the book I've to scan it go get the drawings when Justo has all in electronic format :(

Always nice to see a new book from Justo. :) :) :)

wanna have that one…

hDD5A5C4F

My publisher informs that the publication of the book was originally scheduled for October in USA, but there is now a two months delay and the next publication date in UK is November and in USA is December.

Justo Miranda said:
My publisher informs that the publication of the book was originally scheduled for October in USA, but there is now a two months delay and the next publication date in UK is November and in USA is December.

:( :( :( :( :( :( ... Thanks for the update I'll waiting

Justo Miranda said:
Big Christmas present for all of us. :D
Perhaps we will get big three books!

Attachments

• 6fsmE.jpg
    6fsmE.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 442
Amazon Japan recent information.

Temporarily out of stock. Click here for details of availability.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.jp.
Gift-wrap available.

Attachments

• 51Od9QFTKhL.jpg
    51Od9QFTKhL.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 424
Waiting for good news about the book from here too. Happy New Year Justo and success with new projects too.

Antonio

Thank you all for your interest.
Regarding the book, we have had some problems with the translation. It is a very technical work that includes concepts like invisibility, stealth, RAM materials, non-conventional aerodynamics, secret war, camouflage schemes, infra-red devices, mythological references, graphene, advanced optics, German radar technology and a new approach on classical conspiracy theories about the UFOs and the Northrop Flying Wings that have all been very difficult to get understood by the proof reader.
An additional difficulty has been the usage of American English terms that the British publisher must convert into a British style.
The adjustments have required time, as well as good faith and cooperation on both parties, but everything is sorted out now and the book has been sent to paging.
I have also finished the Japanese section of my next book ‘Axis Suicide Squads’ and have started working on the German designs.
I do apologise for the delay in the publication, for which I am the only responsible.
Happy 2015 to all of you!
Justo

Justo Miranda said:
Regarding the book, we have had some problems with the translation. It is a very technical work that includes concepts like invisibility, stealth, RAM materials, non-conventional aerodynamics, secret war, camouflage schemes, infra-red devices, mythological references, graphene, advanced optics, German radar technology and a new approach on classical conspiracy theories about the UFOs and the Northrop Flying Wings that have all been very difficult to get understood by the proof reader.
An additional difficulty has been the usage of American English terms that the British publisher must convert into a British style.
The adjustments have required time, as well as good faith and cooperation on both parties, but everything is sorted out now and the book has been sent to paging.
I have also finished the Japanese section of my next book ‘Axis Suicide Squads’ and have started working on the German designs.
I do apologise for the delay in the publication, for which I am the only responsible.
Justo

...just a stunning woooww!! B) B) Just can´t wait till I hold it in my hands.
Happy 2015!
Athpilot

I am really looking forward to this. It is obvious it will contain more information than I had heard from other sources. Being in the publishing business, I understand how such delays can happen. Wishing you the best.

Ed

Justo Miranda said:
Justo

Justo we're bringing us unique books so don't worry, we're just anxious. I'll wait reading again some book about the Ultimate Piston Fighters of Luftwaffe which I found very interesting. ;)
Regards
Alcides

...Amazon informed me delivery date is now Febr. 26th. ...
Greetings

...and it keeps exciting: today amazon informs, that today is not the delivery date. And they could not state a new publishing date. Huuuh can´t wait!

I have received my copy today. I hope you will get yours soon.

Attachments

• img032.jpg
    img032.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 251
  • img033.jpg
    img033.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 232
Congratulations Justo,

A long awaited work. The covers look gorgeous, just waiting for the awesome contents inside!

Antonio

Sorry my dear Justo,

I forget to send to you the Heinkel P.1090 tailless aircraft Project and a small info about it,my bad.

I finally got my copy, shipped from England by an Amazon vendor, only to find the carton bashed in at one corner, and the book likewise! So I am going to have to request a replacement copy.

Sometimes it's a bit difficult, when in the first chapter of a book already, the author expresses a different
opinion, than my own ! Worse, if it isn't stated using just the big stick, but a with look into the history of
camouflage in aviation and ways to prevent detection. Such things really can provoke thinking about your
own opinion ! Highly dangerous and a bit unfair, isn't it ? ;)
Purists may argue, that most of the aircraft dealt with in this book, actually aren't flying wings, but tailless
aircraft. But I agree, that would make the title a bit unhandy ...
The 31 types (and some more, as the evolution of the Me 163) mentioned in the index are all shown in highly
detailed drawings, many as cut-aways and there are a number of perspective drawings and depictions of the
contemporary free-fall and guided weapons, too. All drawings on full page and the well known quality.
Working on projects from that era, especially German ones, often is similar to reconstructing dinosaurs from
bits of bones, but if the Tyrannosaurus Rex really looked, as we know from "Jurassic Park", is uncertain.
Such doubts and uncertainties are hardly ever expressed in publications, just see one discussion we had here
a while ago.
And that's, why I would adress a very special "Thank you !" to the author for actually daring to tag several
drawings as "speculative" ! That's really rare and should catch on to my opinion.
I would have liked to see a list of the used sources, maybe there was something, we didn't know still yet ?
But I was told recently, that with the exception of purely scientific publications, this is often dispensed with
today, just to prevent legal problems and nowadays Google probably comes up quickly with most sources.
Just would have been easier at the end of a good read. ;)

Just finished “The Ultimate Flying Wings of the Luftwaffe” by Justo Miranda..

Readers will find an extensive collection of thirty one exotic aircraft designs described into the most available detail.
The drawings are excellent scale art produced by Mr Miranda. There are also a few reproductions from original sources. When an accurate drawing is not available, Mr Miranda offers an approximation, clearly labeled as it, from his own expertise.
There are dozens of drawings. A paradise for modelers indeed, but a great reference for historians too. The drawings show so many detail that are a source of knowledge by itself.

I’ve found a review at Amazon from a reader who felt disappointed with the precedent “Ultimate piston fighters of the Luftwaffe” because he found aircraft descriptions too brief. I disagree. Information about late war Luftwaffe projects, by nature is scarce. Little info could be produced when some of it existed just for a few months. Nevertheless each project has a comprehensive description. Project competition to which projects were submitted is mentioned by its name, dated and described.

So this book is, above all, a compilation, a guide, an album or a reference source but not an assay. However if you open it from the first page and read it to the last page you will be surprised.

Mr Miranda is an erudite and manages to flesh the project compilation out with a description of the discovery of the stealthy nature of the flying wings and how the german engineers promoted it as the ideal shape for the bomber and night fighter roles. Tailless aircraft instead were studied as a high speed interceptors. A. Lippisch even developed its designs to theoretical speeds beyond Mach 1.

The story is condensed in words but rich in detail making it an exciting reading. The struggle for supremacy in the night air fighting over the Reich is particularly fascinating to me. No wunderwaffe dreams here, just objective, raw facts.

Just it could be missed a bibliography/sources chapter as the cherry on the cake.

No doubt a favorite in my bookshelf and a master piece for all those interested into the subject. And the good news, Mr Miranda is already working on more books

Antonio

I ,yesterday evening finished reading Justo's latest.The second in his 'Ultimate'.. series published by Fonthill Media.
I can fully confirm what herefore is written by Jemiba and Pometablava.
As the text on the dustwrapper says " A fasinating book for the military historian
modellers and those interested in aviation.."
For the collectors of the "Unknown" series , a few of the drawing could be familiar
but the text is new and full of fascinating details.
A very welcome addition for every aviation library...

Lark

I got my copy yesterday.
Very impessive and interesting book!! :D